Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: An Interesting Pairing

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, April 30, 2007

An Interesting Pairing

So...speaking of John Stewart...I don't believe that I have ever seen him paired up with Green Arrow. That's right, our own left-wing, knee-jerk liberal, Olliver Queen. Perhaps there has been some interaction that I am not aware of, but I've always thought that these two would make for an...interesting combination.

What on earth, would Ollie do? John's black, and something of a crusader himself, so Ollie can't yell at him for keeping the man down. I don't really think that Ollie can call him a Nazi either. I am actually rather fond of Ollie, even though I think that he can be an idiot, but then I feel the same way about Hal. I can't see John putting up with Olliver's shenanigans the way that Hal does however. I do see John as being bemused however.

Due to his experience in Mosaic, John's had experiences in dealing with disparate groups that Olliver can only dream about. And being fairly monogamous by nature, I can't see John thinking too much of Ollie's serial infidelity. Has any of this ever been addressed? I think that it would take a VERY good writer to be able to pull off the feat of putting these two together. But on the other hand, I do take a delight in putting strange combinations of people together...which is probably why I like the old JLI so much.

Maybe they would actually get along and like each other, which is also possible.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Ollie and John did team up once, way back when Hal was exiled in space for a year during the early 1980s. They got along quite well. John and Ollie were already acquainted with each other and had (sort of) worked together before, along with Hal, in a 1970s O'Neil/Mike Grell tale.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, goshdarnit, I'll have to try and get this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home