Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: No More 52

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

No More 52

Sigh. It is going to all be over today. Whatever shall I do? I've grown accustomed to my weekly fix darn it! Fortunately, there is going to be Countdown, so I won't have to go through painful withdrawal symptoms.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is really a very nice cover. I love wrap-arounds, and I am REALLY glad that DC didn't make it into two separate covers, the way that they did for Justice League a couple of times. Grrrrrr. The front is also an homage to the very first cover of 52, which brings in a nice bit of symmetry.

I haven't read it yet, the books don't get in for another hour or so. I must say however, that it has been a heck of a ride. Some issues I liked better than others of course, but as a whole, it was a well-told tale and an interesting experiment.

While it may have taken a few years off of the lives of Keith Giffen and the other writers and artists, by GOD, they did it. They got it out every single week, on time, and complete. They made me care about characters that I didn't give two hoots about, mainly Rene Montoya. I'd barely even heard of her, and now I'm rather fond of both her and Charlie. I'm still sad about Ralph, but he DID go out in a blaze of glory. I'm really glad that Buddy and Booster aren't dead adn that the Metal Men are back, and I must say that I thought the mad scientists were hilarious and menacing at the same time.

Kudos, DC. Kudos.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Helluva issue. Nice way to end it.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It WAS a helluva an issue! Ghost Ralph and Sue! Booster and Rip and Danny, and Mr. Mind, and all that stuff!

I am a happy little comics reader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home