Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Nothin' Much...How Are You?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nothin' Much...How Are You?

I hope that everyone has had a nice Memorial Day weekend, and vacations and whatnot. I of course attended the Windsor Locks Memorial Day parade and all the speeches aferwards. My son is in the High School Marching Band, and since he's a Senior, this is one of his last moments playing a sousaphone. I must admit that I live in the Parade Capital of Connecticut. We LOVE parades...and have them at the drop of a hat. Just about everyone comes out and watches too, because if you aren't IN the parade, odds are that you know several people who are. That's why I love small towns. We had a nice ceremony afterwards too, although I do wish that that one woman who was talking LOUDLY on her cell phone could have waited until AFTER the invocation. Sheesh!

So...back to comics.

As much fun as it is to show Batman being a dick, he really can't even begin to compete when it comes to Silver Age Superman. How the man EVER got a reputation as being a big blue boyscout, I can't even begin to imagine, considering the way that he treats Lois, Jimmy, Lana and Perry. Of course, in his defense, considering the way that they all normally treat poor Clark, I suppose it isn't all that surprising that he has this passive/aggressive thing going on.

For example:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, granted, this guy seems to be QUITE annoying, but still! Superman does seem to be over
reacting...just a tad! Besides, I thought you were supposed to put pennies up your NOSE!

This one gets Batman into the fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No wonder Nightwing is so messed up. The puberty that kid lived through is the stuff of nightmares!

Superman also seems to be having...issues with the rest of the Justice League.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Man, it's a good thing he wasn't around during the JLI years. His Kryptonian head would have exploded! I also enjoy all the tasteful tearing of the costumes. Very nicely done.

That is a man who is enjoying himself.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I wonder why it is that he had to actually PROVE to everyone that HE was the strongest Leaguer of them all?

I figure that would be pretty much a given, and even if not, does he really need to prove himself against Batman and Green Lantern?

-M

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know, you almost expect him to start grunting and beating his chest. I can sort of understand wanting to clock Batman...let's be frank here, he's probably just ASKING for it...and Hal can be a bit on the arrogant side too.

But Aquaman? Flash? The Atom? Green Arrow? Well, Ollie's probably understandable as well.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I can't help but notice that Flash is wearing his Superman underoos beneath his ripped costume.

I picture a still triumphant, cackling Superman slowly noticing that, then getting all maudlin before screaming, "NO! Barry! What have I done!?!?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home