Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Stopping to Smell the Flowers

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Stopping to Smell the Flowers

It's Friday, and the weather in New England for a change is absolutely gorgeous. Tulips and forsythia are blooming, the violets are out, the birds are singing, and I can't think of a single thing to blog about.

I'm going to go outside and dig out the wicker furniture and put it on the front porch.

But just so that I don't leave all of you hangin, I will post some of the best scenes ever...depicting the old JLI, from that issue of Martian Manhunter that I did a little while ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Heh heh.

Toodles.

7 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I really need to pick up all those JLA's. I sold my originals about 6 years ago.

My bad.

I forgot how much dang fun they were.

And, I hate re-buying things that I was too stupid to hold onto in the first place.

Curse you! To remind me of this!

(Sally, reading this: BWAHAHAHAAAA!)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

And a Bwhahahaha to you too! Silly goose, you really do need to get those old JLI's, they aren't that expensive really, and they are SUCH a hoot.

*sigh*

Still my favorite incarnation of the Justice League, although I did enjoy Kyle and Wally together.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I forgot to metnion that I bought this issue at that comic convention a few eeeks, ago based on your review. It was beautiful, especially the part where ice breaks down crying about eating baby seals, mostly because I kept seeing that picture of her hugging the baby seal in my head.

It takes on a whole new meaning under those circumstances.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Calvin, I LOVE that scene! Made even funnier by the fact that poor Bea is so completely grossed out, and yet she's still trying to comfort Tora. And Guy really really needs to hit something.

This is one of my favorite books ever.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Heh, it's almost as funny as I imagined it

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger PAT said...

I loved that issue!
DOug did some really great work there, (and was even nice enough to let, a then unknown, lowly assistant help out)

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ahaa! I knew you were in the credits! Seriously, the art is wonderful...and SO expressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home