Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well...THAT'S Scary!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Well...THAT'S Scary!

Up until this point, I haven't even read a single page of All-Star Batman and Robin. There was a time in my life, when I thought that Frank Miller was cool. That is no longer true. Nevertheless, in proper fangirl fashion, I HAVE kept up with the various plot lines and comments about said plot lines, and I'm still not sure if Miller is just having an enormous joke at all of our expense, or if he is completely serious about this whole thing.

However, I may have to actually break down and read this fershlugginer thing...it has Hal in it. GOD, I'm such a pushover. After shoving a "Sperm Bank" out of her way, Wonder Woman...who hates men...enters the scene and froths at the mouth for a little while, while Superman stands there sheepishly, and Plastic Man makes some rather...icky comments. She thinks that Batman is dangerous! No way!

Anyway, Hal comes up with this rationale..."Sure he plays it ROUGH. He's got not respect for the LAW. And, yeah, maybe he's a little UNHINGED. But that's no reason to run off HALF-COCKED. I say we find him and try to talk some SENSE into him. Then we take a vote."

Rough? No respect, unhinged and half-cocked? That's not Batman he's talking about, it's Guy Gardner! No wonder Hal sounds so turned on!

Now I have to go and buy the damn thing.

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Personally at this point I don't care what Miller is going for, but to be perfectly honest I am not amused. I'm pretty forgiving of the fact that not everyone sees a given character in the same way, but at this point it is very clear that all Miller wants to do is use the characters as his personal playthings. This is not a Batman story and none of the characters in it are the least bit true to form. How in the hell DC thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

Peace
And
Long
Life

Toriach
(Where's the love? It's at Geek Love!)

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

There is a feeling that Miller is seeing just how far he can go before DC cracks. I'd say he's pushing the boundaries pretty well already, but if the darned thing makes a crapload of money, I imagine that DC will suck it up and laugh all the way to the bank.

Which is pretty sad, really.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I have to admit that as soon as I took to calling it Frank Miller's Batman: The Grindhouse Version, it's turned into a much more enjoyable read. I think I'm starting to actually appreciate it as over-the-top schlocky goodness.

But my taste is suspect, mind you.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I guess the only way to deal with this, is to take a drink every time Batman yells "Goddamn!" I imagine that I'll be quite sozzled in no time.

Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home