Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wherein a Song gets stuck in my HeadYou

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Wherein a Song gets stuck in my HeadYou

You know that feeling. You hear an old song on the radio or something, and then the damn thing gets stuck in your head...and you can't stop thinking about it, and it drives you nuts? Well, it happened to me, with Carly Simon's "You're so Vain". I actually like this song. I've liked it for years. But it was about 4:00 in the morning, and I had to get up at 6:00, and it was driving me absolutely INSANE!

And then it occured to me. She's singing about Hal Jordan. That whole watching himself in the mirror as he walks by? Absolutely Hal Jordan. He watches himself in the mirror as he's fighting for heaven's sake! Of course he thinks the song is about him. He thinks EVERYTHING is about him.

Oh Hal.

You're a self-centered, arrogant, easily concussed bastard...and yet I still love you. Not as much as Guy of course, but still. And I don't care how many times you get hit in the head, it is still funny. I can only assume that you have a skull that is thicker than the average man's, in order to take a licking and still keep ticking as often as you do.

How on earth are you going to explain to all those other airmen and airwomen sitting in that bar that you just transformed into Green Lantern? I used to snicker at Kyle for doing stuff like that, but you really should know better. Couldn't you at least have run outside and yelled "Help, this looks like a job for the Green Lantern!" or something?

And don't tell me that you are getting a kick out your girlfriends engaged in a knockdown, dragout catfight over you. Presumably, you are going to start fighting back at some point, right? Knowing you, you probably have thoughts of a threesome going through your twisted little noggin, but this is a family comic dammit!

Whew.

Hey, it worked, I don't have Carly Simon in my head any more! Now I've got Heart's "Crazy on You". I should just give up at this point. But just for fun, here's Hal. He is just irrisitable to the ladies.

Hal Pictures

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Please excuse the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in this post. My mind is not my own.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

I really liked Waid's JLA Year One's portrayal of Hal. Here's a good one.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, that sums up Hal quite nicely. My GOD, he's stuck on himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home