Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Superboy Prime is probably STILL a weenie

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Superboy Prime is probably STILL a weenie

So...the little monster is out of his cell, and up to no good. And it is probably STILL everyone else's fault. He may have his fans, but I'm not sorry to say that I am not one of them. I can't stand that little creep. He does look pretty scary in this scan however, I must say.

Green Lanterns

Got the whole crazed look in the eye and a smirk on his lips thing going on. However, as nasty as he may be, and with all the potential he posseses for a HECK of a lot of mayhem, I'm not quite as worried about him as I am about some of the other dudes in that picture.

According to Geoff Johns, the Earth is the Nexus for the Universe, and the fate of the 52 other Earths and Universes rests upon its shoulders. Kind of makes sense for the importance of Earth in the bigger sense of the DC Universe. No WONDER aliens keep invading us! We're SPECIAL! It also explains why there are so many Earth-born Green Lanterns. Now the destruction of Earth and all the other Earths, will lead to the existance of the Anti-Universe as the ONLY Universe, so I guess we can see the Anti-Monitor's motivation in all of this.

Hank Henshaw, the Cyborg Superman just hates life, and wants to see it completely irradicated. He's also batshit crazy, which helps, so that's HIS motivation. Sinestro wants revenge on the Green Lanterns, and he also wants to spread order throughout the Universe. In his own eyes, he's the HERO. In some rather scary ways, he's got a lot more in common with the Guardians than I can think about comfortably. He believes that emotion gets in the way, and that order is the only important thing. He also greatly enjoys power, but that's kind of a perk.

Kylellax of course is in it for the fun as far as I can see. Parallax just lives to scare the hell out of people, so that's what he's going to want to do. It is how he survives, now he's got this nice new body, and he's going to be going to town.

So what is SBP's motivation here? Here is a quote from Geoff John's.

"He's a lackey, he's always been a lackey, he was a lackey to Alex, now he's a lackey to the
Anti-Monitor, and when the Anti-Monitor needs to power up his number Two, in the heat of battle, where do you think he's gonna turn to?"

Take THAT, Emo-Boy! I think that he's got "expendable" written all over him.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Wait, who is Anti-Monitor's Number Two, Parallax? If so, I would imagine SuperDoofus-Prime making an appearence on the battlefield will boost Parallax (it feeds on fear, right?), seeing as Prime is sooo nuts, everyone will probably lose bowel control at the sight of him. Certainly all the non A-lits heroes will flee in panic, remebering what happened the last time their brethren faced him.

That being said, I really hope you're right, and Prime goes away. He tasks me.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Ragnell said...

Can we say "Primellax" anyone?

Oh, I hope so. I love this story for Kyle and how it was done, but I hope it doesn't drag out too long and Superboy Prime is a much better candidate to be overcome and driven by the embodiment of fear.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm not sure exactly who #Two is supposed to be, but Parallax would certainly make sense. And I really can't stand SuperDoofus Prime. (I LOVE that name!)

So I'm pretty sure he's going to be cannon-fodder at some point.

Heh heh.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hm...I wonder if Superboy Prime taking on the symbol of the Sinestro Corps could be considered slight mischaracterization?

I mean, it seemed to me that his point of view in Infinite Crisis was that he was simply misunderstood and wanted back the life that was ripped from him.

Then again, by the end of the mini, it appeared as though he HAD gone pretty much off the deep end...

-M

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Mark Putnam said...

Just watch superboy prime will be reformed and take his rightful place on the titans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home