Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well, this is Different

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Well, this is Different

One of the things I love about comics...especially OLD comics, is that you never really know what type of lunacy to expect. That being said, this struck me as being a little out of the ordinary.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That is certainly something that you don't just see every day, no sireebob. That being said, it would have been awfully nice to get ol' Speedy here, together with the girl of his dreams.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now THAT would have been an interesting story!

5 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Kinda reminds me of Jack L. Chalker's old "Well World" series of books. Those are a bizarre but fun read -- people getting turned into centaurs and giant walking plant creatures, and all sorts of bizarre things.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, Sally -- you say August Fertig was your great-grandfather? Yes indeed, he DID paint murals inside the Indiana state capital builing -- they're still there. :-) Are you related to ALL of the Indianapolis Fertigs? That's a huge name here, second only to (Eli) Lilly. There even used to be a Fertig ice cream plant here in town. ;-)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

You might not know what to expect, but for me, these are trips down memory lane. I've got fond memories of both.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I'm surprised that somebody didn't notice that Speedy was hung like a horse.

SNORT!!!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Dwayne dear, I was pretending not to notice. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Shelly, aren't the old stories the most fun?

Sea, I'm glad to know that the murals are still there, one of these days I'll have to take a trip to Indianapolis and see them. I guess I'm related, if there are Fertigs still littering the countryside. August's son Frank was my Grandfather, and his youngest son Walter, is my Dad.

Mmmmmm...ice cream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home