Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

So...I go merrily tripping off to my beloved comic book store...pick up my stash, and stare hungrily at the racks...and notice that Green Lantern #22 is somehow missing. How can this be? I checked the lists beforehand, it is SUPPOSED to be out today. A faint sheen of perspiration bedews my forehead, but I remain calm.

I ask Matt where Green Lantern is, and apparently, the Powers That Be, made a mistake, and SHORTED his ENTIRE order of Green Lanterns. My lower lip begins to quiver. I even stamp my dainty foot and whine "But I want it now!" in my best Two-Year old fashion. Matt pats me on the back and calls the company that ships the books. The admit their error, and promise to send an emergency shipment that will presumably arrive this Friday.

I have to wait for two more days! Like the cavemen in the Geico commercials, I am having an existential meltdown. Geoff Johns! Ivan Reis! Moose!! Hal, John and Guy!!!! AAAUUGHHH!

I get the remainder of my books and drive sullenly home. They're good of course, but it just isn't the same. However, if you get Fables and Jack of the Tales, be sure to read Fables first. Much funnier that way.

Can't type. Still pouting.

Guy pictures

7 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, SALLY! :-( Oh, I'm so sorry! I picked up #22 yesterday, but then I usually hit the comic store at lunchtime, right when they open, so they don't run out of titles before I get there.

Yes, the story arc still rocks. And Hal still has a fabulous backside, even when he has a zillion Corps of Fear members bearing down on him. :-) You won't like what's been done with Guy and John, though.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Temper temper young lady.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise twist ending not to be spoiled!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I hafta wait 'till tomorrow! Waaaaaaaghhhh!

Pictures of Hal's backside you say?

Damn.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Nick said...

*sadly shakes head* something tragic happens....well ok I thought it was tragic most other non-uber GL fans probably didn't care....you'll know when you get to it.

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how sad. I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me when Rebirth #6 came out. NONE of the comics book shops had any left. I had to wait 5 whole days..the horror...

Hope this makes you feel better:
link1

link2

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

*sniff sniff*

Thanks Blindman, those were..awesome! My pervy side is slightly mollified.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home