Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What Snapper Carr has REALLY been up to

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 06, 2007

What Snapper Carr has REALLY been up to

If you have read this blog for any length of time, you will remember that I really don't like Snapper Carr very much. Oh, Kalinara did her best to convince me that he was really the bee's knees, but I wasn't falling for it. Nevertheless, I wasn't convinced that there was any reason for him to be lurking and skulking around the fringes of superherodom. However, I do believe that I have just had an epiphany of sorts.

In the issue of the latest incarnation of the JLA, there is that nice fold-out double page spread of all the new members having their photograph taken. Taken, by none other than Snapper himself. And that's when it hit me. Snapper has been taking photographs for years! Like Jimmy Olsen, he's been slithering around armed with an instamatic or Polaroid, SNAPPING pictures right and left. Of course nowadays, I'm sure that he's graduated to something a little more upscale and full of up-to-date technology. Yes, I do own a digital camera, but I'm not sure how to use it. That's what teenagers are for.

Snapper has been taking blackmail pictures for years! He probably has a safe deposit box FULL of them. The ones of Hal hitting his head alone would take up several.


Guy pictures

For example, just check out this one of Guy Gardner. Unfortunately, this was during that...unfortunate episode with Dementor, when he turned "Guy" into "Gal". Frankly, it was a hoot from the start to the finish, but I can understand the Guy would pay good money to Snapper Carr over the years in order to keep this particular photograph out of Hal Jordan's grubby paws.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Or THIS one. Actually, I think that Guy is pretty proud of this one, but I don't imagine that Batman wants this sort of thing to get out of hand, so he's probably slipping ol' Snapper some cash too.

Superman

Wow! Superman, Barda AND Mr. Miracle are paying through the nose for this one. Snapper has quite a nice little home industry going here!



I'm sure that I could just keep at this, but I assume you've all got the gist of things. Oh that Snapper! I still find him irritating, but I must say that I'm beginning to admire his guts. Just hope that he has a letter to his lawyer about these pictures...just in case.

*snicker*

6 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Snapper Carr -- Super-Hero Papparazzi! Doing his best to capture images of super-heroes behaving badly. That's what they get for kicking him out of the Justice League. ;-)

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Snapper is evil, there's no doubt about it. And potentially, very very rich. You wouldn't believe what Ollie has been paying him over the years!

He tried it on Fire once, but she rather gets a kick out of it, so it fizzled.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's Rick Jones doing?
The same thing, or does he have the scruples most of us expect from sidekicks?

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

Rick is trying to make a fortune teaching 'How not to get Hulk mad' lessons to the Illuminati.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I don't think that the Illuminati are listening, Matthew. They've got wimmens problems apparently.

Except Namor. Namor is cool.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which ensures repeat business.
Jones has the world's best job.
Until, ya know, the Hulk trys to take over earth thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home