Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Black Canary:Wedding Planner

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, September 07, 2007

Black Canary:Wedding Planner

Birds of Prey

Yes, I admit it, I squealed with joy at getting this. I am SUCH a girl. And it was more or less what I expected it to be, a silly bit of fluff, but an enjoyable one. If you are more into kicks in the face however, don't worry, because there is some of that as well!

Inbetween leading the Justice League, moonlighting for the Birds of Prey and hanging out with Oliver, Dinah Lance aka the Black Canary is trying to find a little bit of time to actually plan her wedding. Ollie keeps trying to be helpful, but Dinah is getting a little hostile on his ass. Frankly, I think the woman is mad. Most guys couldn't care less about planning a wedding, here's Ollie actually trying to give her some good advice and all she can do is throw his laptop out of the window!

Ollie keeps bringing up the wedding at the most inopportune moments, usually while they are in the middle of fighting various bad guys, which leads to this bit of dialogue that I found hilarious.

"Can we at lease decide on WHERE we're getting married? Big ceremony or small? Is it gonna be indoors or out? If you ask me, outdoors isn't such a good idea and not only because of the weather factor, but it's also easier to crash. Last thing we need is some super villain, or worse, SNAPPER CARR crashing our special day...!"

This is Ollie by the way, NOT Dinah, who threatens to crash the motorcycle in order to get him to shut up. But I am pleased to notice that Ollie apparently SHARES my disdain for Snapper Carr. I wouldn't want him at my wedding either.

In addition to all the advice that she's receiving not only from Ollie, but also from Babs, Diana and everybody else who can butt in, they keep adding these fun little ads and stuff. There is the list that Dinah has, with appropriate annotations, and then there is the list that Ollie has, which is basically..."talk to Connor. Talk to Roy. Talk to Hal"

Oracle sends her an ad for "Takeshi's Wedding Castle" and is all enthusiastic about the "Maid Marion" package, which comes complete with Friar Tuck and a wandering Minstrel. Oracle can't understand why Dinah isn't thrilled with this idea. The "Takeshi's Castle" ad just made me snicker uncontrollably. I too would LOVE to see the wedding party dodging giant foam boulders and running through the mud.

It's a good thing that Oliver is rich and connected. They go and see Chef Dennis, and decide that quail isn't a menu choice, and she's worried about a vegetarian meal for Animal Man, and no sushi for Arthur.

Then she takes Barbara, Diana and Mari/Vixen dress shopping and of course has to change in the middle of the showing to go off and fight crime again. Ollie wants everyone to show up in NICE clothes for a change, and I must admit that I'm with him here. Nobody would ever figure out who they all are, if they are wearing suits and tuxes and nice dresses for a change as opposed to their everyday costumes. Dinah is being awfully pigheaded for some reason. She really should just give up and let Ollie do all the work, he seems to be so much better at it than she is.

I did get a chuckle out of the Victoria's Secret spoof catalogue, and Roy's post-it note, reminding her to give it back to him. Probably so that he and Hal can drool over it together. Which leads to the part where all the girls try on lingerie. I guess we have to give the guys SOME reason to read this.

All in all a little silly, but decent fun. Oliver seems to be more into the whole thing than Dinah for some reason. And I wasn't sure why they kept showing him with red hair. Ollie has ALWAYS been blonde, which is more than I can say for Dinah. But you know that I'll be waiting with bated breath for the Shower, the Bachelor Party AND the Wedding.

Timewise, I can only assume that this takes place prior to the Sinestro Corp stuff going on in Green Lantern, because although I know that they are awfully good friends, I really can't see Hal running out on the Corps just to attend a wedding. Speaking of which, I wonder who is going to be the Best Man? Hal or Roy?

6 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I do think that's one wedding that Hal definitely wouldn't like missing, though. Maybe it'll end up being one more thing he can blame on Sinestro -- in between punches, that is: "AND (*POW!) you (*WHACK!) made (*CRASH!) me (*WAAP!) miss (*SOK!) Ollie (*BLAM!) and (*THWACK!) Dinah's (*WHAM!) WEDDING!!!!"

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

There were some wonderful lines in it. I loved the bit about Snapper Carr, too, and yeah, he's far from one of my favs. ;)

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Geez.. everyone gets to wear white these days...

Or is that "Cream?" or "Eggshell?"

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sinestro is LUCKY that this is going to be taking place before or after his little brouhaha!

Yeah, I feel that way about Snapper Carr too. Not Kalinara though, she LOVES him.

Ivory, Soup. Ivory.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger philippos42 said...

I've never quite bought the "Aquaman doesn't eat fish" thing.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

If Aquaman doesn't eat fish, then I suppose he exists on Kelp or something. Where does he get his protein?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home