Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Huh?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Huh?

Firstly let me state that I don't have the foggiest idea what book this scan is originally from, although I would imagine that it has something to do with Batman...and obviously, Catwoman.

But what intrigues me, is WHO are those two men she's talking to?

Hal Pictures

That looks an AWFUL lot like Hal and John! I just love the fact that they are discussing fashion with her, while apparently in their civilian identities. My guess is that they were just walking along, and Hal spotted Catwoman, and decided that she was "hawt" and immediately wandered over to make her acquaintance. As for John...well, he DOES like Streisand after all.

6 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger googum said...

I have that, but don't have it on me...and looking through the GCD for 'something Crimes of Catwoman' seems like it would take a while. Let me get back to you, if no one else knows.

I like that costume, though: Alan Davis drew it a few times, and made it smoke.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, I agree. That always was my favorite Catwoman costume. Maybe it wasn't terribly practical, but it was classy.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Hal -- "Never mind the couture? Hell, I was undressing you with my eyes already. Let's go back to my place. But leave the mask on...and bring the whip."

Jon [mumbles with face in hands] "someone please remind me why I was considered third choice behind this schmuck and a mentally crazed gym teacher?"

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hal actually did hit on Selina Kyle once, in Neil Gaiman's Legend of the Green Flame. She completely blew him off. :-)

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh. Of COURSE he did. Hal hits on everybody.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger googum said...

Hmm, not as close as I'd thought! From GCD: "The Curious Case of the Catwoman's Coincidences!" Denny O'Neil (Script), Irv Novick (Pencils), Dick Giordano (Inks)Reprinted: from Batman #266 (August 1975)

As I recollect: Catwoman is accidentally sprung from jail during a prison transport, wanders off half-concussed, and is picked up by one of her old henchmen. She hadn't really planned on it, but ends up back at her old tricks, until she's caught in the end through another coincidence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home