Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Something Different

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Something Different

Wow. For once this weekend, I didn't do ANYTHING that was comicbook related. Instead, I went on a tour along the scenic backroads of Northwestern Connecticut, with my son and husband, and forty or so vintage Volkswagens. I grew up with antique automobiles, since my Dad collects them, my husband collects cars, and my son has the same bug. So it is LIKE collecting comicbooks, except that cars take up a whole lot more room.

Nevertheless, it was a lovely day, and the foliage is starting to turn color, and we ate a lot, and actually encountered another carshow full of WATER-cooled Volkswagens. We of course beeped and blatted our tinny little teutonic horns in derision. Air-cooled all the way, baby!

So...if there is a point to my meanderings...it is sometimes a nice thing to take a look at your significant other's hobbies as well as your own. You might enjoy it. Or at least get some fresh air. But I'll be back with Green Lanterny goodness tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, sometimes ya just gotta have a break from super-hero shenanigans. :-) Besides, old Bugs are cool! My first car was a '69 VW Bug Deluxe named "Beulah the Blonde Bomb." ;-)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

A Bug named Beulah. I love it!

My son has a '67 red Beetle, that has been christened "Nads III". Nads I and Nads II belonged to my husband.

The two of them like to roll down the windows, especially when going uphill, and bang their arms on the doors yelling "Go Nads!" very very loudly. They then snigger hysterically to themselves, while I roll my eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home