Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: An Amazing Week, continued

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, November 16, 2007

An Amazing Week, continued

Now, where were we? Oh yes...

Punisher was good as usual. I do like Garth Ennis. He's just SO twisted. Barracuda is back of course, and up to no good. Frank is actually experiencing an old emotion, and he's not quite sure what to do about it. And I will say...the cliffhanger is a doozy!

Salvation Run was ok. Waller has apparently either come up with, or is enthusiastically implementing the idea that all the supervillains should be shipped off to another planet, to fend for themselves. There are those who see a parallel to Civil War, and it's other-dimensional Gulag, but I don't really get that feeling here. According to the blurb in the back of the book, this is actually a pretty old idea, that has been taken off the shelf, dusted and put to use. Needless to say, things don't quite go as planned. Not spectacular, but actually, not bad either.

Suicide Squad is fun, I always enjoy watching Amanda Waller strut her stuff. It's nice that Flag is alive and well. Too bad about Rustam though. Oohhh, it has Deadshot in it too.! And hopefully, Boomer Jr. will be making his appearance soon.

Thor was pretty good. The art is nice, although in a few panels Thor looks a little deformed. The pace is the opposite of frenetic, but so far, I can live with that. And look, it brings back the Warriors Three! And that can only be a good thing.

X-Factor is a cross-over with the other X books and is doing the whole Messiah Complex thingie. I can't really say that I'm enthralled, but I like Peter David, and X-Factor is one of the few X books that I've continued with. The main thing, is that Jamie and Layla show up at Forge's place, and Jamie is supposed to send two of his duplicates into the future to find out what happens. Then they die, and bring back the information to the original Jamie. This does seem to be a bit on the cold-blooded side to me. However something goes wrong, and for some reason, Layla jumps in with the second duplicate and gets sent on a one-way ride to the future. Then Jamie collapses. Forge doesn't seem to bat an eye that he's just sent a little girl off to a very uncertain future, nor does the death of the dupes seem to faze him in the least. Guess he's been hanging out with Tony Stark. My theory is that it is the REAL Jamie who has been sent into the future, and that's why Layla jumped into the time machine thingie. I guess we shall see.

Wolverine was ok. Lots and lots of angsting, and going back through history for Logan, who everytime that he "dies" has to fight some guy, and oh, he has to fight himself too. And now there's a mysterious woman who was there when the Hand brought him back to life the last time. Howard Chaykin is handling the art, and I can't say that I'm too enthralled. It's a pity, because I used to really like his stuff. After "Collateral Damage" however, I'm a bit gunshy.

Wonder Woman is great. REALLY great. I'll get to it.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Another two hours, and I finally get to hit the comic store. Hooray! :-)

I kid you not -- One of my co-workers just brought me a bowl of homemade chili(!?). No, his name isn't Oliver. Thank God.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Wow, Sally reads the punisher? For some reason that comes as a big surprise to me.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I read the Punisher, because I'm a big Garth Ennis fan. I DO have the entire run of Hitman AND Preacher, not to mention all those really really warped Hellblazers.

I have...interesting tastes.

Sea, get thee to a comicbook shoppe! And how was the chili?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home