Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I'm Cocooning Today!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Cocooning Today!

There is a good foot of snow already on the ground from Thursday's little storm, and now we have MORE snow, ice and freezing rain, right here in lovely New England. Unlike poor Okahoma and that area however, NOT the ice all over everything. So, I'm staying home and snuggling by the fire, and making homemade Eggnog. The kind with BOOZE in it.

It is also my 30th wedding anniversay, as well as Beethovan's Birthday. That's a reasonably impressive milestone. I was of course...a child bride. Well, Nineteen, which is close enough. So I hope that everyone else is staying warm and dry, and enjoying the season.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Heh. I really do love this cover, and it seems so appropriate.

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Mmmmmmm ... Eggnog. With rum! Captain Morgan's! :-)

Hey, I've been thinking about the whole "OMG you're alive" thing that we were robbed of between Guy and Ice. Seems like we get robbed of that quite a bit in the comics, especially where Guy is concerned. Remember Arisia's return? Where was the "OMG you're alive" moment between Guy and Arisia? Hal got one, but Guy didn't. So unfair.

Come to think of it, I think the only really good treatment I've ever seen in terms of "OMG you're alive" moments in comics was the return of Oliver Queen in Green Arrow: Quiver.

Darn those comic book writers ... :-/

Oh, wait ... I can think of one more, but it's fairly obscure: The reunion between Captain U.K. and Rick in an old Captain Britain story. It consisted of just one word ("RICK!"), but the way Alan Davis drew it said everything. :-)

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked for, so for 30 years of mariage it is the "pearl" birday of wedding. It is nice, I thought.

It may be funny, but "pearl" makes me think about Janis Joplin, so I listened to her "summertime" cover.

It gave me some warm feelings... but I cut my speech and I wish you both...a happy pearl bithsday Sally and Mr Sally !!!!

N.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I'm workin' on an anniversary/Christmas/New Year's present for you, Sally. Heh, heh, heh ... ;-)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you Nicodemus.

Sea, you fill me with consternation!

On the other hand, I completely agree with you about our lack of a proper Arisia and Guy moment, in addition to the Guy/Ice moment.

Arisia was important to Guy, goshdarnit! She was living at Warriors, she WORKED at Warriors, and they all went out and had fun adventures together. He was really broken up when she "died". When Hal found Arisia on Biot, they had a lovely moment, but Guy was unaware that she had been resurrected...in fact when Hal says that "we" are fighting the Manhunters, he had to ask who "we" was. Then when they get back to Oa, he has to go and babysit Superbrat Prime.

I wanted to see their reunion too!

Now I'm feeling deprived and crabby. Guess I'll go and drink some more rummy eggnog.

Mmmmmmm....rum!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

D'oh! Sorry, Sally -- didn't mean to fill you with consternation! (Sea ducks as an empty rum bottle is chucked her way.)

This calls for hot-buttered rum!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Enough rum and consternation changes to euphoria!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home