Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Frabjous Day...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oh Frabjous Day...!

Calloo, callay, she chortled in her joy...! It's Wednesday. FINALLY, it's Wednesday, and Green Lantern #25 is here, along with a vast smorgasbord of other visual delights. I know, I know, I've been driveling about this for days, and you are probably getting a tad fed up. But this is going to be SUCH a good week.

Only an hour to go, before the books get in at my beloved comic book store. I'm making Matt some pumpkin bread. I have found that a little bribery with fudge and cookies over the year really pays off when it comes to getting the good covers...not to mention first crack at the books when an order has been shorted.

Heh heh heh.

We get the conclusion to the Sinestro Corp war, an Ion special, the reunion of Tora and Guy...and I'm REALLY looking forward to that one. We also get Fables, and Booster Gold, and Wonder Woman, and the Arena book with all the Elseworld Green Lanterns, and Bat Lash, and Black Canary and Ollie in his underwear (or actually Conner's underwear) and who knows what else? It's like a little slice of comic heaven right on earth.

It isn't even raining or snowing, or sleeting, or bolts of fire, or rivers of lava. It's 40 degrees, and a bit of blue sky peeking through the clouds! I have a fridge full of fudge and eggnog, and the Moody Blues on the radio.

I am a happy woman.

I hope that all of YOU are happy too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I am happy, too! I just got back from the comic shop -- the shipment was in on time, YAY! Comic Store Guy saw me coming and shoved GL #25 into my hands right when I walked in the door. Hee, hee! :-)

Yes, I've read it!

OH MY FREAKIN' GOLLY GEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Can't wait to read your take on this issue, Sally!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

I chose not to get Arena. :o Is it good? :D

I luffed GL #25 but I think I liked GLC even more xDDD The scene with Isamot (that's his name right?) lying in the water and shouting out to the Sinestro Corps that he's still alive was so great :]

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope they make action figures of all these other Lantern Corps! We already have Green, Yellow, and Purple, but we need Red, Indigo, Orange, Blue, and Black!

I can't wait!!!

And here I was thinking that this Sinestro Corp War would be the best thing possible for awhile. THAT'LL LEARN ME TO UNDERESTIMATE GEOFF JOHNS!!!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Will said...

I've felt this way all day. I'm glad someone feels the same. I went to Newbury Comics in the mall and sat right there in the food court for the next two and a half hours eating my Subway and loving every minute of it.

(I guess it's technically Thursday now, but I've been up all night and got out bed at 2 PM, so I feel pretty justified in pretending it's still Wednesday.)

How was Bat Lash?

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

What a heck of a day! I think that I must have bought half of the store! Let's just say that I was about $50 lighter in the checking account when I left.

Green Lantern #25 made me swoon with delight.

Arena was pretty good.

Bat Lash was a hoot.

I'm going to review GLC #19 tomorrow.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Great googly moogly all three GL books were good this week. I'm so happy.

And 4 fun GL books if you count the Arena which is no nearly as terrible as I thought it would be. I do love the Hal GL's becoming instant best buds.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's because Hal is his own best friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home