Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Booster and...Beetle?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Booster and...Beetle?

So there is this rumor going around. Booster Gold comes out this week, and Ted may be in it. TED! I MISS Ted! So that's nice to hear. On the other hand, it could all just end horribly, so I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much.

It would also be nice to have the old Max Lord back. I like the old manipulative, crafty Max. I didn't like the new crazy-as-a-loon maniacal evil Max.

I know! Mephisto shows up, and in return for Peter and MJ's luuuuuuvvvvv, he changes history, and therefore Ted was never shot, Sue was never raped and murdered, Ralph is still happy-go-lucky, and so on and so forth. Batman is still a dick, but there are just some things that you can't change.

Well, off to the Comic Book Store!

Woohoo!

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Isn't there also an issue coming up in which Beetle and Booster travel back to Zero Hour and actually take on Hal as Parallax? Now THAT I gotta see!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know I actually liked Max as the Black King better than as the crafty used Cars Salesman who ran the JLI for so many years... But it sounds like I am a minority...

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sea, that's NEXT month! It's numbered Booster Gold #0! I find that incredibly cute for some reason.

I guess I'm just so used to Max being a crafty Used-Car-Salesman, because that's what I grew up with, that I resent him being turned into a genuine villain. Frankly I'm a bit peeved that they've done the same thing to Captain Atom, by turning him into the megalomaniacal Monarch. He wasn't my favorite JLIer, but he had his charms.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Rich said...

This week's issue of Booster Gold was great - but I can't help but feel this won't end well for Ted or Booster...

And I really don't trust the future Beetle!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you Sally about Captain Atom. He was always a super-hero, not some multi-verse conquering jerk. And his supposed place of learning, (Wildstorm) didn't teach him at all. He railed againt their madness the whole time! He was a gosh-darned superhero who disproved of their methods.

But Max always had the makings of a great super-villain. And if worse comes to worse blame Superboy-Prime...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home