Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Demented Ramblings

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Demented Ramblings

Gosh, it's cold, dreary and raining today. On the other hand, I'm actually ALONE for a change, since everybody is either off at work or at school, so I can play my music. Loudly. Without fear of recrimination.

I got the final issue of 52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen, which I must admit I was only following sporadically. My feelings? Needed more Snapper Slapping. That really WAS the high point for me.

Green Arrow/Black Canary has me all choked up and weepy. Poor Connor. Poor Ollie. Poor Roy, dammit. On the other hand, Hal Rocks! And as usual, the art was just lovely. I hate to have to admit this, but Winick actually did a decent job. And comas aren't so bad...just ask Guy. He's been in more comas than just about anybody, and look how HE turned out.

Um...........

I'm still snickering over Green Lantern Corps #20. Did anyone catch the little bit where Hal I think, asks Guy if he's going to call the new bar NEW WARRIORS? Guy snickers and says no, it doesn't ring his ding, or words to that affect. Nice dig, Mr. Tomassi!

I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter anymore whether I liked Civil War, or OMD or anything from Marvel...because they are ALL Skrulls, and therefore, the last ten years or so of continuity mean absolutely nothing. Tony is a Fascist? It's ok, he's just a Skrull! So is Spider-Man, Aunt May and MJ...heck Mephisto is probably a Skrull too! In fact, I imagine that the only person NOT a Skrull is...possibly...Bucky. So, sooner or later, it will all work out. The REAL heroes have just been on vacation for a while. Or sleeping.

I did manage to go back and pick up an issue of the new Teen Titans mini-series, because word was that it was good. And it is. I have to admit, that I think Garth is a hoot. I never knew that he was afraid of fish before, but Scipio gave us all a heads up, for which I thank him.

I don't need Spider-Man. I have Jaime Reyes, the Blue Beetle. So there.

Apparently, Guy drools while he's sleeping. I just think that's cute. Also, Tora does not.

Guy and Ice

Awww...isn't that sweet? It took me a while to notice, but I'm pretty sure that she has the window open. I'll also bet that she's fond of ice-cold showers too. I'm on pins and needles wondering where they are going to go for their first date.

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

That deleted comment was mine. I forgot to click the box to email followup comments to me. I wish we could do that without actually commenting. Anyway, here's what I said:

I would hesitate to use Guy as an example of anything, let alone how comas aren't always bad. ;)

And I'm glad you enjoyed the first issue of the Teen Titans mini. It really is fun.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Welby said...

Completely unrelated to your post:

I was browsing profiles and saw that yours showed a love for mysteries and Jane Austen novels. I was wondering if you've encountered the Jane Austen mysteries by Stephanie Baron. I make it a point once every year to read one of my wife's regency romance novels (ie: The Rakish Rogue's Reluctant Return) just to keep track of what ideas of romance are being instilled in her mind. Well, the novel wasn't so much a romance novel, but it was a compelling mystery and kept true to the time period's vernacular. Anywho, just passing through...

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Skrulls

I continue to maintain that about Maxwell Lord...one day we're going to find out that the Black King was an imposter and the real Max has been a beachcomber on Kooeykooeykooey all this time.

He's going to pop up unexpectedly one of these days, probably accompanied by the real L-Ron, both of them wearing Hawaiian -- er, Kooeykooeykooeyan shirts.

Boy, are they in for a surprise...

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

What I wanna know is, who is Kyle going to end up dating on Oa? Hopefully he'll find someone who also likes Swedish furniture. ;-)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aw c'mon Shelly...Guy has comas all the time! And he's a MODEL of restraint and composure!

Welby, I haven't read the books of which you speak, but I HAVE read every book ever written by Georgette Heyer, which is almost as good.

Arynne, you're preaching to the choir.

Sea, I HAVE to go to Ikea tomorrow. Whomever Kyle ends up dating, I hope that they have their life insurance paid up.

Which brings me to another point. What happens to the families of Green Lanterns when they die? IS there some sort of compensation? Insurance? A green watch...something? I guess Ke'haan's family didn't do so well.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger chrishaley said...

Guy looks like Thomas Haden Church in that close-up panel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home