Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Gosh, this is Cute

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gosh, this is Cute

It's Tuesday, and my brain is empty. Completely, totally empty. I have no witty commentary, and no brilliant insight. Not that I usually do, but I'm pretty decent at winging it. Today I'm feeling a bit drained. My teenaged daughter is having boyfriend troubles, while my teenaged son is having girlfriend trouble. I'm running back and forth offering up soothing words and pats on the back, but it does get a bit exhausting.

So, I offer up this.

JLI


I'm in a better mood already. Then I realize that several of them are dead, or insane, or whatever, and I get depressed again. And really, who thought that putting Batman next to Guy was a good idea? But it IS nice to see Barda, and Beetle, and Max, and Dmitri...!

10 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Oh man, what is that scan from? I love it!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Also, what exactly is Guy doing to Black Canary?

Look how triumphant Oberon looks!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Gus Casals said...

Simply lovely. And yes!, look at Oberon.
I love myself some JLI. The only thing missing to make this pic perfect would be Tora and Beatriz.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

'Course, what isn't shown here is what happened after the fact -- when the pyramid collapsed after Black Canary fell upon Guy to kick his brains out and return him to his coma. ;-)

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I stole this from Scans Daily, but the original is in the back of the Trade for the first few JLI stories, called "A New Beginning". I DO wish that they'd come out with TPB's of MORE of the JLI stories.

It's funny, if you look, Guy is the only one who is REALLY enjoying himself, at least if you go by the smirk.

Sea, you're right, wouldn't it be lovely to have the "after" shot, when they all fall to the ground?

Gustavo, this is before Bea and Tora joined.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Riddering said...

According to Amazon, a second Justice League International trade is going to come out in July. *gasp* Could it be? Is it possible that DC actually plans to release the entire run?

I surely hope so, since I haven't been able to read enough of JLI.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Gus Casals said...

Actually, there are TWO JLI trades, from back in the day : "A new Beginning" ( of which I have the first edition, which DOES NOT contain this pinup ), and "The secret gospel of Maxwell Lord".

And Sally, yeah, I know it{s before their time, but this is clearly a later Maguire image too, including them would have ruined the pyramid but made my day...

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

You're right of course. I'd love to have Fire and Ice right in there with the rest of them. Besides, they were actually in the JLI a lot longer than either Black Canary OR Dr. Light.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This got to be one of the best comic moments ever!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

how do they talk bats into this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home