Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: It's Been A While, Kyle

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Been A While, Kyle

Sheesh, I haven't talked about Kyle in the LONGEST time. Well, except for being in Green Lantern Corps, and that was days ago. I AM glad that he's moving to Oa, at least for the time being. There can't really be too much to keep him on earth these days. And while it was smart of him to bring along his Mother's painting, perhaps it would also have been smart to bring along some furniture. My guess is that practically ALL of the stuff in the green moving van was Guy's.

Maybe having Kyle around will help calm down the Guardians a bit. He may not be Ion anymore, but he's still the Torchbearer, and they have certainly been wound a little tight lately. I get the impression that certainly most of the other Green Lantern Corps members like Kyle. He's a likeable sort of fellow. Perhaps he and Guy can bop over and see how Ganthet and Sayd are making out?

It is possible that having Kyle on Oa will put a bit of pressure on the new Ion; Soddam Yat, which could make for some interesting stories. Yat is the rookie now, and I think that there has to be some tension in trying to perform your new function in front of the guy who used to have your job.

Kyle is also pretty much single at the moment. He may be carrying a little bit of a torch for Donna, but I'm not sure that I see that particular relationship going anywhere. Arisia is available...and she's already BEEN dead! Perhaps she can be the one who breaks the jinx!

Anyhoo...I'm just glad that he's back in Green Lantern Corps. He and Guy were so good together in RECHARGE, it's nice to get that cameraderie back on track. Plus, I think that the two of them are going to drive poor Salaak nuts, which is always a good thing. Kyle does such inventive things with his ring too.

Kyle Pictures

Cool, eh?

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Must have been back when Wally was always picking on Kyle. :-) I always loved it when Kyle either completely ignore Wally, or just seemed totally oblivious to whatever Wally was saying. Kyle is just so sweetly dumb sometimes. :-)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Derek said...

"Ganthet and Sayd"... "making out"...

EW...

Why, oh why, did you have to phrase it like that?

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how Superman's the ship's figurehead.

Derek: You got off easy. I'm a bit tired, so I originally read it as "Ganthet and Salaak". Now that'll give me nightmares.

-Phil

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh heh. That was a Freudian slip...I swear!

Sea, I always did enjoy the interaction between Wally and Kyle back in the day. As you say, Kyle is just SO sweet.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sally !!

some difficulties so no posts since a little time... but I came back and you make me laugh so hard :

"Arisia is available...and she's already BEEN dead! Perhaps she can be the one who breaks the jinx!"

Nice one, very nice.

N.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nicodemus, I've noticed that usually, they only kill you off once. If you make it back after that, you're pretty much bullet proof.

Or in this case, Kyle proof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home