Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Ok, now I'm just being Mean

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Ok, now I'm just being Mean

So, I went over to Newsarama, and right off the bat, I read this little bit of blurb...

"The first issue hits in a month and Mark Millar has told us that he and Bryan Hitch are going to
be on FANTASTIC FOUR longer than planned..."

HAW! I do believe that this falls into the category of "no shit, Sherlock". I'm sorry to be so mean, but I just can't help it at this point. I didn't even bother clicking on the doohickey, to read the rest of the blurb, because I was stuck in cynical mode, and just sat here, quietly snickering to myself.

If their track record over at ULTMATES is any indication, they are certainly going to be at FANTASTIC FOUR for a very very long time. Not a lot of issues, mind you, but probably YEARS!

Ok, I've had my mean nasty fun, so I'll stop now.

I think that I'm going to have to break down and start picking up NIGHTWING
. Shelley and Rachelle have both been saying that it is good, and from the looks and sounds of it, it DOES look appealing. Of course, now I'm picking up ATOM as well, and things are beginning to get expensive. However, I was very pleased with Mr. Tomasi's writing on Green Lantern Corps, so I trust that he's doing a good job on NIGHTWING too. Besides, I've been informed that there are supposed to be a lot of shower scenes.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about things getting expensive! I've had to start re-evaluating what I've been buying, to see if I can trim down costs a little. Originally, I HAD considered dumping some titles in favor of waiting for graphic novel adaptations. But now I'm a little leery about that after finding out that the graphic novels don't always match the comics. :-(

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, I was pretty flummoxed when I read the "improved" dialogue on the GL Trade. There wasn't anything wrong with the original dialogue.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi girls,

can you explain me the "improve" dialogue? haven't heard of it, what's the story?

and Sally after the joke on arisia :
"they are certainly going to be at FANTASTIC FOUR for a very very long time. Not a lot of issues, mind you, but probably YEARS!"

Hahaha still laughing, nice one too.

n.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home