Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I've been Tagged!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, April 18, 2008

I've been Tagged!

Well, I've been tagged by Evie over at "Awesomed By Comics" for the following meme;

"What creators who are usually associated with a certain company,(or, indeed medium) would you like to see writing someone else's title? For example, would you want to see JMS on Hellboy? Which DC character should Bendis have a crack at? Should George Pelecanos write Batman? (answer: yes)

I...I find myself in something of a quandary. For one thing, I don't have the foggiest idea who George Pelecanos even IS, much less whether or not he should write Batman. I DO know that I wouldn't put JMS anywhere NEAR Hellboy. And speaking objectively, Bendis has his strengths in writing, but superheroes are not neccesarily his strongest work. He's pretty good with detective stuff or spies, so theoretically, he would probably do fairly well with something like Checkmate or Detective Chimp.

On her post, Evie wants Gail Simone to write Guy Gardner. I am so deeply envious and enraptured by this idea, that I can hardly stand it. 'Cause it would be GOOD!

Speaking of Gail, I think that she'd do a bang-up job on Blue Beetle if they ever decide to give it to her.

I'd like to send Winick to Marvel, and have him mess up THEIR books for a change. And he can take Churchill with him. Put them on Ms. Marvel and watch it implode.

I'd love to put Keith Champagne back on Green Lantern Corps for another arc, but I have to admit that Peter Tomasi is doing a bang-up job at the moment.

How about we take Ed Brubaker off of Captain America and put HIM in charge of Titans?

Any ideas?

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Madpuppy said...

I'd love to see Dave Sim writing Wonder Woman.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Imagine Stan Lee's Persepolis

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Hi, wandered over here from Evie's blog and got distracted by GL Butts for a good three minutes. And that was just the picture. :)

I totally agree with you on Bendis--Checkmate could be potentially interesting. Spirit too, depending.

Brubaker on Titans . . . hmmmmm . . . the idea tickles.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Speculation is always fun...and free!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

I'd love to see another Gail Simone's Secret Six.

Oups it will happen. Good news, I am happy.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Madeley said...

You're absolutely right about Brubaker on Titans, that would rock.

And, funnily enough, Brubaker's Criminal is pretty close to George Pelecanos' stuff. Pelecanos is actually a crime novelist and screenwriter rather than a comic writer (and, to be fair, there's probably enough of them crossed over already) who's done some work on The Wire. He's very, very good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home