Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh, the pain...the PAIN!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Oh, the pain...the PAIN!

As I type this, a teardrop falls onto the keys.

Yesturday being the most holy day of days, I wended my way to my beloved Comic Book Shoppe in search of illustrated sustenance. Sadly, when I arrived, the store was full of slightly peevish men, but NO books. The UPS guy was on vacation, and the replacement UPS guy had not yet arrived. Nor, alas did he EVER arrive. What can Brown Do For Me? Not a hell of a lot!

However, not knowing this at the time, I made my way towards the back of the store and began looting the back-issue boxes. Meanwhile at the front of the store, a couple of young gentlemen had noticed my car and were making a lot of comments about it. Loud comments. One of them liked it, the other just scoffed and said that only OLD people would drive a car like that.

My lower lip began to quiver. It was bad enough that I didn't have my new books (and I WANTED them, dammit!) but now a couple of young whippersnappers were casting aspersions at my age and mode of transportation! I made my way to the counter to pay for my back issues of Green Lantern, and, bag in hand, thanked the young men for their comments, but pointed out that I was STILL under the age of fifty, and hopped into my bright silver Mercedes and drove away, feeling slightly vindicated, but still cranky. If those two ever show up on my lawn, I'll give them SUCH a yellin'!

But I still don't have my books.

*sigh*

6 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

But ... but ... YOU have COOL cars! The guy poking fun at the age of your car should watch the Barret-Jackson auto auction sometime and see how much some of those "old people" cars go for! Harrumph!

I'm SO SORRY you didn't get your comics yesterday, Sally! You'll definitely enjoy Green Lantern -- nice revamping of Hal first getting -- and using -- his ring (or was the RING using HIM?). :-) And Hal is SO PRETTY in his old, original uniform. WHITE BOOTS, though. White boots?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I just called, and the books finally arrived at about 5:30 last night. Sheesh!

I DO have a cool car. My sweet Baboo has a '73 Porsche 911S and three (count them) THREE antique firetrucks. My Dad has collected antique cars for years.

Quite frankly I was pretty sure that I could have blown this guy's doors off.

harumph!

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive them.Their churlishness was probably a symptom of comic book withdrawal:)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Sally, your car won't get in the way of our torrid affair.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you, Gyuss, that's very forgiving of you.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

there just sipping on haterade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home