Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Random Ramblings

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Random Ramblings

I completely forgot to post yesturday! Not for any good reason, except that I was forceable pulled away from my computer by my Sweet Baboo so that we could go to the Hardward Store. Well! How can a girl pass up that? I LOVE Hardware Stores! We also ended up at a place in Springfield that takes in old fixtures and cabinets and architectural elements and stuff and resells them, so I found a beautiful antique oak mantlepiece for the master bedroom. Yes, my house already has four fireplaces, but you can NEVER have too many mantlepieces. Granted, I have to strip off a couple layers of old lead-based paint first.

I just read on Geoff John's message board, that DC has decide NOT to come out with the follow-up story by Keith Champagne based on the Corpse. I am SO depressed. I want to see R'amey Hol again, dammit!

Spoiler is back, and Leslie isn't a child-killer after all. That is a wonderful thing, and I thank DC for setting this right.

Green Lantern and All-Star Superman are supposed to come out this coming Wednesday. And the new Starman Omnibus had BETTER come out this Wednesday. All the ads said "May", and May is fast running out of time.

Now, I'm off to watch the Indy 500, and then the Coca-Cola 600. I may not be able to walk or frame a coherent sentence at the end of the day, but so long as Kyle Busch loses (and loses BIG) it will all be worth it.

And, just for fun, and stolen from Scipio, Hal Jordan looking winsome.

Hal Pictures

He's not being hit in the head for a change!

7 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Baal said...

Does that mean you live near Enfield? I have some family there.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

I will take a look at John's message board, but I agree it's sad that we can have so following on the Corpse.

The Spoiler's come back explaination was a good one, IMO too.

Wainting the All-star supe and GL too.

I was very pleased by Captain Britain and MI5, I know you don't like Marvel very much but if you 've got some room I recommend this one. I think you could appreciate it.

Good races

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

* can't have a following"... sorry !

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Baal, I live in Windsor Locks, which is near Enfield, but on the other side of the river.

Nicodemus, I am just so depressed about the Corpse. Did you see the pages that Jamal Igle posted? He had a couple of pages already finished, and they are GORGEOUS!

*sniff*

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

oh my Dear Sally what a loss...

Just coming back, yes amazing two pages... I like the black and white drawings even whithout colors what a sight...
Just wishing we could see the seven pages done... at least !! and the mini-serie...

Well no comment on my Captain Britain suggestion... (by the way Hercules is a very fun marvel one too);)

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sorry, Nico, I'm a little off of Marvel at the moment. Too much Skrullery. I haven't been reading Capt. Britain, but I should pick it up and give it a try. Hercules has been fun, and I like Thor and Garth Ennis's Punisher, and Ultimate Spider-Man, but that's about all that I'm reading right now.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Captain Britain is the following of Wisdom, the mini serie about Pete Wisdom (very very good), both written by Paul Cornell a doctor who's writer.
And I like it so much... and there is there the one good thing skrull gave us... John the Skrull !!!
The Only surivor of the 4 skrulls who tried to take control of the world as duplicate of the beattles... so John the skrull looks like exactly like John Lennon ! Priceless...
And the Black Knight,very cool new outfit... wait for the 2nd issue but I am hooked !!!
And Wisdom as I love him (and I thought only Ellis could write him)

Captain America is a must for me on Marvel and I agree with the other you quoted ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home