Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Anticipation

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anticipation

Well, Heaven's to Betsy, it does look like a very good week coming up this Wednesday. AAANNDD the Heat Wave is supposed to break tonight, so Wednesday will be a whole heck of a lot cooler, and therefore more comfortable to read comics, without dripping sweat on them. Still, I suppose that I'd rather have heat over tornados.

Anyway, there are a plethora of wonderful books coming out tomorrow, including Batman Confidential, Booster Gold, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Green Lantern Corps, Huntress: Year One, the last issue of Salvation Run, Trinity and Wonder Woman.

I can't say that I'm looking forward particularly to Salvation Run, but I DID read the damned thing, and it would be nice to have a payoff. I'm dying to read Booster Gold, because when we last saw our heroes, they were in a dilly of a pickle. I am both terrified that they are going to kill off Ted again, and anxious to see what happens.

I want to see what is going to happen in Green Lantern Corps, so that we can get through this Mongul stuff, and back to what is REALLY important...mainly reopening Guy's bar on Oa. I must admit that I hope that Iolande keeps her little ring-generated parosol however. It is just so PERFECT!

I blush to admit that I'm actually...sort of...enjoying Winick's Green Arrow/Black Canary story. He still drives me into a frenzy sometimes, and putting Connor into a coma seems unnecessarily nasty, but some of the dialogue and situations have been rather amusing. Plus the art has been lovely. But again, I just want to get to the end and see what happens to Connor.

What books are the rest of you looking forward to?

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Oh yeah, it should be another good week. I'm looking forward to Booster and GA/BC, too. And Simon Dark. I really like that one.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

GA-BC. I wanna know what happens to Conner, too!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

There's nothing quite like that feeling of breathless anticipation just prior to the new books coming out. Will they be good? Will they be terrible? Will the UPS man actually show up on time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home