Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Hal

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh Hal

Oh Hal...if mocking you is wrong, then I don't want to be right. I was on Adam's site this morning at "Comics Make No Sense" and spotted THIS little gem...so I promptly stole it.

Romance

Hee!

I know what conclusion I jumped to! To be fair, this actually ISN'T Hal Jordan, it is a scan taken from Devon's beloved "Lady Cop". But the coincidence of her rat-fink boyfriend's name being Hal, was just too delicious to ignore. And you want to know why?

Because that's the sort of thing that Hal WOULD say! At least pre-Crises Hal would have said that sort of thing, we must give him some credit for having acquired a veneer of political correctness in the interum. After all, this is the same Hal, who told that chick to stay in the kitchen and not go rock-climbing or something.

There are a number of scenes that I wish I could someday see.

Hal telling Katma Tui, that ringslinging was a MAN'S job, and maybe she should tend to her knitting instead.

Hal telling Arisia that she's too young and pretty to go around beating up the bad guys.

Hal telling Wonder Woman to stop mouthing off at meetings of the Justice League, and to just take notes like a good secretary.

Wait. I think he DID do the latter!

Hal Pictures

Oh Hal. That may have been a tactical error on your part.

Hal Pictures

Hal. Five seconds after Wonder Woman kicked him in the balls.

6 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hal telling Black Canary to stay behind with Carol Ferris, like a good girl, while he and Ollie went out to kick some bad-guy butt.

Oh, wait ...! Nah, he didn't REALLY do that, did he? ;-)

Got my comics already, Sally! GL is fun, but Final Crisis P***ED ME OFF!!!!

(But, I guess that's the true purpose of Final Crisis, isn't it?)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I actually HAVE that comic that the last scan came from. I always thought that Gil Kane's work looked stupid (because he drew that thing between your nose & your lips) and I have hardly ever bought or read Gl since then.

Amazing how first impressions can scar a man for life.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Wonder Woman's telepathic?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Poor Black Canary. How in the world did she ever manage to stay sane, while hanging out with two such raging chauvinists, I've never understood. It's also one of the reasons that the old version of Star Saphhire was so much fun.

Final Crises is both intriguing and highly confusing.

There is probably a word for that thingie between your nose and your upper lip, Dwayne, but I'll be hanged if I know what it is. But yes, Gil Kane is not my favorite artist.

Wonder Woman isn't actually telepathic. Hal is so dumb that he thinks out loud.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

it is a philtrum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philtrum

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a very good thing to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home