Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wednesday, sweet Wednesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wednesday, sweet Wednesday

Woohoo! New comics! Manhunter is back! Trinity starts! Some other stuff comes out! It's raining, and a bit dreary, but in a few short hours, I'll be back, sitting in my leather chair, with fresh hot comics.

In the meantime, I have come across some of the finest series of comicbook panels...ever. These are from an issue of Starman, although I'm not quite sure which one, but one of the ones where Jack is off in outer Space, so it's before the whole Grand Guignol kerfuffle. Look upon their wonder, and be amazed...!

silly

silly

silly

Hee!

7 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

"Unflinching gaze"? OMG, this is hilarious! I MUST seek this out! :-)

Gosh, I never thought of Starman as an interesting character before. And I appreciate a good, humorous super-hero tale.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

This reminds me of an old Conan O'Brian skit where he and Andy Ricter would have a stare off. However, all kinds of weird things would happen behind Conan where only Andy would see them. Things behind Conan?
A giant tap-dancing ant.
A guy that snorted a chain up his nose, pulled it out of his mouth and flossed it back and forth.
An Abraham Lincoln delivering the Gettysburg Address while eating a severed human arm.

Wish I could find it on YouTube.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

At the NY Comic-con I picked up as many of Robinson's Starman issues as I can, and recently picked up the Omnibus. None of what I bought contained these images! They're great. My guess is they're from the 80 page giant?

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I have GOT to find out which issue this is...but it's buried somewhere. It's basically a retelling of what happened when Mikaal and Jack were out in Space, searching for Will Payton, but there are several narrators, and each gives a different version of what happened. One of them includes Space Cabby. This particular version is my favorite of course.

I can just see Guy using those same expressions behind Batman's back, can't you?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger googum said...

That is crazy! Is that Mikaal in the Bucky-style outfit with Starman?

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, that is indeed Mikaal. None of this ACTUALLY happened of course, the reality was a whole lot messier, but it IS hilarious.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

AHA! I found it! It is from Starman #55, or if you are buying the trades, it is the first story in "Stars My Destination".

Sorry it took me so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home