Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wow!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow!

Normally, I don't post on Sunday, because I am basically a very lazy person, but I simply HAD to let you all know about this. Since I am also a procrastinator, I hardly ever see movies in the theatre, figuring that I'll get around to them eventually, either on HBO or DVD. But this Saturday, my kids finally sat me down and made me watch a movie.

Hot Fuzz.

I think I'm in love.

This is one of the funniest movies that I've ever seen...in a completely over-the-top ridiculous sort of fashion. I am not a big fan of "buddy" action flicks, which is what this is basically parodying, but by God, it WORKS! It's also a bit on the gory side, and I found myself closing my eyes and wincing occasionally, but it doesn't matter. This is a funny funny movie, and you should all go out and see it.

I guess this means, I'll actually have to break down and watch Shaun of the Dead now.

7 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Hihi Yes Shaun of the Dead is a very funny movie.
The same people have donne another one which parodies cops : "Hot Fuzz". Not have seen it yet but you remind me this so I will try to rent it.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

I'm living in Malaysia for two months and could only grab a handful of DVDs to bring with me. Of course, Hot Fuzz & Shaun of the Dead were included. In fact, Hot Fuzz was the first movie I watched in the hotel and methinks I'll need to watch Shaun of the Dead tonight now.

I love that Hot Fuzz starts out kinda funny, but stays very straight, only subtly taking gaps at the buddy-cop movie, but during the last act just completely blows the roof off with ridiculous action and humor. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, YES, Hot Fuzz is a great movie! It's one of those rare comedies that actually kinda stays with you long after you've seen it. I actually like Shaun of the Dead a little better, but that's only because I think zombie movies deserved that sort of parody. ;-)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Riddering said...

Yay, Hot Fuzz! That movie is so great. I could watch Simon Pegg dropkick old ladies for hours. But maybe I shouldn't admit that...

You've probably already been warned but I might as well make sure you know that the violence you saw in Hot Fuzz is cranked up to 11 in Shaun of the Dead. I didn't have any problem with Hot Fuzz's gore but "Shaun" got to me much more. Of course, my stomach has low tolerance for anything involving zombies so you might fare better than me.

Oh, I also have to recommend the British tv show Simon Pegg co-created--Spaced (which is coming to US on DVD in July). Not only is it hilarious and filled with quirky characters, but Pegg himself plays a comic shop clerk. There's more comic book, movie, and Star Wars jokes/references than you could shake a very large stick at.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Baal said...

I thought Hot Fuzz was just an odd exclamation like 'oh my stars and garters'. It was only on my third read through that I figured it out. In my defense, I am Irish...

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Siskoid said...

Hot Fuzz is great. Simon Pegg is great. Things and people that are great are great.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Shaun of the Dead = FANTASTIC.

Good money you'll like it if you dug Hot Fuzz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home