Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: For No Particular Reason...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 28, 2008

For No Particular Reason...

I think I'll post about John Stewart today. For no particular reason that I can think of, except that even I get bored with Hal occasionally. And Guy is both hiding from Soranik Natu's constant nagging, and pining for Ice. Oh, and Kyle's off painting somewhere.

John always seems to be the afterthought for me, when it comes to the Green Lanterns, and I don't really know why that should be. It isn't because I don't like him, because I do. Maybe he's just not loud enough, obnoxious enough, or doesn't have hair like Hal's.

He IS awfully cute though.

John Stewart

Milk mustache!

I always got the impression in this issue that Hal was beginning to think that he'd bitten off more than he could chew. Which is a GOOD thing in my opinion. John DOES have this impish side to him, it's just that they don't bother to show it very often. And although he's been showing up more lately, and has been doing some pretty awesome things, they aren't showing off any of those little personality quirks that he has, like his lust for coffee, and appreciation of ABBA and Barbra Streisand. You just know that he's been to see "Mamma Mia" about twelve times by now. And that he's tried everything to get the rest of the Justice League to go and see it with him. I think that Superman and possibly Diana were the only ones who appreciated it. Hal was so horrified that he took off for Oa, and voluntarily started helping Guy and Kyle set up the bar. Roy begged Uncle Hal to take him too.

I getting slightly off of the subject here. In fact, I think that I've forgotten what the subject was in the first place. Oh yes, John Stewart.

John is cool.

7 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I'm waiting to see what happens with the entire notion that John's willpower is capable of exceeding his ring's capabilities. :-)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That WAS an intriguing development, wasn't it? John is so quiet and low-key sometimes, that it is easy to forget just how powerful or emotional that he can be. He just doesn't go around showing it like SOME people.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a little Alan Scott love?

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I sort of miss the old John, too. I'm sure he's still lurking in there somewhere, but lately it's like they've tried to make him more like he was in the cartoon, and I always thought toon John was terribly boring and maybe a little bit scary. In other words, Batman, only slightly less of an arrogant jerk.

I think he needs a love interest who can make him remember how much fun he can be. Having Katma back would be about the awesomest thing in the world, but since I'm afraid that's not ever going to happen, maybe someone new? Since it seems the entire rest of the Corps is suddenly pairing up, anyway...

On second thought, with the Star Sapphires soon to be on the rise, maybe he's better off alone for a while.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

If they can bring back Barry and Arisia and Aquaman, surely they could throw us a bone and bring back Katma Tui. John would be so grateful.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Well after CSI Barry, I must add that I like when John's job as an architect is used, I really liked the way his construct are drawn and described in GL rebirth. I would appreciate more use of John as an architect.

Just after Ch'p I will be happy if Katmui Tui came back. Could be very interesting to see John's reaction in front of a black katmui.

Excuse me but I don't remember for the moment the "john's willpower is capable of exceeding his ring's capabilities" could someone give me more light on this?

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ummmm...I think it was the Green Lantern issue after the big finale with the Sinestro Corp War. John is sitting on a rock in the place where Xanshi used to be, musing to himself, that after a big brouhaha, Hal goes off to get laid, Guy and Kilowog drink each other under the table, and Kyle paints. John goes and sits on a rock and broods. Then he tries to put Xanshi back together, and the ring has a conniption.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home