Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Happy Fourth of July!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

The rest of my crew is out marching in a parade, while drumming their drums and fifeling their fifes, all dressed up in ruffled shirts and tricorne hats. They look adorable. I am meanwhile, trying to get into the spirit of the day.

Stars would be nice.

Booster Gold

Gosh, here's Booster Gold, all shiny and pretty! Sure, he's a bit of a huckster, but he's a huckster for AMERICA!

In addition to parades and stars, what else goes nice on the Fourth of July? Beer of course.

Guy pictures

Why thank you, Guy. I WILL have another.

And finally, simply because I have had Fire and Ice on the brain lately, one of my favorite pictures of them, by Adam Hughes, I believe.

Photobucket

Because, gosh darn it, we need more of Fire and Ice in the books lately. I even miss Bea's old costume...it was just so...so...BEA. The new one for Checkmate, just doesn't float my boat. Tora's of course, is perfect as it is.

And finally, Blue Beetle, and Jonah Hex were great, as were a bunch of other books out this week.

4 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Fire and Ice on the brain? You too?

I love that pic of them, too. For that matter, some of my favorite old JLI art was Hughes stuff. He doesn't quite have the gift for facial expressions that Maguire has (who does?), but they're still nice, and he makes up for it with sheer prettiness. He's one of very few artists who could draw Guy's bowl cut to look natural and not ridiculous. He did the Ice with baby seal pin-up. And the Guy/Ice one where Guy has a flower, too, I think? It's just precious.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

Happy 4th!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

And a happy Fourth to you too!

I do love Hughes' artwork, and I DO have those pictures of Guy and Ice. As you say, he's one of the few artists that didn't make the bowl cut look ridiculous.

Oddly enough, I think that it was John Byrne who came up with that bloody haircut in the Legends mini-series. Prior to that, he just had...normal hair.

And we NEED more Fire and Ice.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Evie said...

That is a great pic of the Fire and the Ice--I actually first saw it because they use each half on VS. system cards, which is how I got into DC comics to begin with, which is ultra nerdy to be sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home