Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I can't Believe I forgot about This!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I can't Believe I forgot about This!

As you all know, I have made it pretty clear that I absolutely adore the Giffen/deMatteis/Maguire era of the Justice League. It may be twenty years old, but it still holds a warm and fuzzy place in my cold black heart. So I was just delighted that the second collection of the old issues has come out, and that was LAST week! It was nice, because it was the same week that the trade publication of Millenium came out, and quite a few of the stories in JLI tied in with Millenium. For example, the new Rocket Red, is actually a Manhunter! It's a good thing it wasn't Dmitri, although he joins after they discover that the old Rocket Red is up to no good.

JLI

Aren't they just amazing? This isn't the actual cover, but what the heck. So, if you are looking for some of those old issues, this is a relatively inexpensive and compact way to get a hold of them. Nobody gets raped or impaled or stuff...although there is violence (this IS a comic book afterall) it's...HAPPY violence! My favorite kind!

5 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Let's see... alive, alive (formerly dead), missing (possibly dead), alive, dead, dead, dead, dead, evil (possibly dead), dead, alive, dead, alive, being written by Grant Morrison.

That is one depressing picture right there.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Riddering said...

I bought my copy last week and made the grievous error of putting it on my bookshelf and letting life things distract me from reading it. But thanks to your post reminding me, I will delay the great entertainment...NO MORE!

I just love Barda and Scott on that picture you posted--and I always miss Oberon until I look at it a few times. *g* Oh, and I hope I live to see a Max retcon so he can come back as the sneaky, slightly devious, cigar-smoking businessman we all know and love.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

It's about time they started reprinting more JLI stories -- instead of just the first few!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It is definitely time that they started reprinting the JLI era. They've reprinted every OTHER incarnation of the League, including quite a few that bore me to tears, so it is nice that Giffen/DeMatteis are finally getting their due.

Plus, these are just fun.

I miss Scott and Barda. And Max too, dammit.

I know the feeling, Metfan, I get all happy, and then all depressed at how many have croaked.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger googum said...

I was thinking of Maguire's Captain Atom the other day: he drew the Captain as a shiny person, with facial expressions, rather than the gritted-teeth tool he's usually seen as now. His exasperated, embarrassed look on the first issue of "I Can't Believe it's not the Justice League!" really lets the air out of that Monarch business.

Pretty sure I still have most of these, but it'd be a nice collection...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home