Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: No Marching for Me

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

No Marching for Me

And here we are, it is already August, and we are deep in the volunteer Firehouse Parade season. You get to dress up in ruffled shirts and tricornes, march a couple of miles on hot asphalt, shoot off muskets, and tootle and thump on your fifes and drums. Then you get a "meal" of sorts, usually hotdogs, sandwiches, or possibly pizza. Oh, and you get the BEER GARDEN, which is the main reason that they all put up with this sort of thing, and lots of bad carnival food.

Tonight, the parade there is a parade in East Hartland, and everyone is going except for me. I'm going to my sister's house because her husband is ALSO marching in the parade. While they are all off sweating and such, we'll be floating in the pool, drinking Margaritas and eating perfectly grilled steak. This is what we did last year, and had such a good time, that we've decided to make a tradition out of it. What really made it more fun, was that everyone showed up all cranky and hot and cranky. Did I say cranky?

There is probably a word for having someone else's mild misfortune make your good fortune seem all the sweeter. Hal and Ollie probably don't know that word, but trust me, they're livin' it.

I am SUCH a bad person.

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Baal said...

scha·den·freu·de [shahd-n-froi-duh] –noun satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

[Origin: 1890–95; < G, equiv. to Schaden harm + Freude joy]

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

THAT'S IT!

I knew this was going to come back and bite me in the butt. It turns out that the parade goers all had a wonderful time. Well pooh. I still got to eat steak and stuffed tomatoes.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

AND hang out at the pool. ;-)

I've been cleaning the house and doing laundry all weekend. Oh JOY and RAPTURE! :-P

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Oh, you live such a miserable life :P

The pool or the parade. Gee! Those odds! LOL.

Anyway, I did an entry in my blog dedicated to yours and the Hoosier Journal. Check it out if you can :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home