Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh for...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh for...!

Inspired by Sea of Green's mad computer skills, in installing Statcounter on her blog, I resolved to do the same. It would be nice, I thought to myself, to see if more than four people visit me. So, I clicked onto the site, and started going through the motions...all my myself. Yea, verily.

Until I got to the final bit, where you have to somehow install a lot of HTML stuff.

Uh.....!

Cue panic phonecall to eldest daughter.

Eldest daughter shows up, and only mocks me for a brief amount of time. She cracks her mighty knuckles, sits down at the computer and proceeds to tap rapidly away. That is, until she gets onto my blogsite, and realizes that the Statcounter stuff won't work unless I "update" my blog stuff. (stuff is a very technical term) The only problem with that, is that I will lose my cool banner at the top, and I'm very fond of it. But it is saved in my photobucket, so, no problem...right?

Problem, wrong.

We can't reinstall my banner. I LIKE my banner. It was made especially for me. So we UNinstall the update, and put everything back the way that it should be, and I look at Statcounter...and I say the hell with it.

*sigh*

6 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, geez, I'm sorry, Sally. :-(

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

um, yes you can install statcounter without upgrading. You should be able to get code for a 'generic' type sire and place it in a sidebar item.

I'll see if I can come upwith a more specific way to explain it. I had statcounter before I upgraded.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Also, you can keep your banner after you upgrade as well.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger antoniosugizo said...

Well, you could go the easy way and use Google Analytics... I'm not a computer genius myself and it all went super smoothly for me. Take care!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger antoniosugizo said...

Sorry... Here's a tutorial YouTube vid...

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Why is this stuff so complicated! Kindergarteners are better at this stuff than I am! It is an unjust inversion of the Way Things Ought To Be!

I can remember when you brought hom a television, plugged it in, and that was that. Granted, you only got three or four channels, but life was simpler then. Phones were phones, and cameras were cameras, and ne'er the twain did meet.

God, I'm so old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home