Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Sweet Sweet Wednesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sweet Sweet Wednesday

Finally, the painting in the dining room is more or less finished. I have to give the most credit to my daughter Maggie, since she did 80% of the work. I take back everything I've ever said about lazy teenagers. Except for my OTHER lazy teenagers...you know who you are!

It is also the first day of school, here in our wee town, so there was a certain amount of dazedness and moaning, although they are probably secretly just as glad to be going back.

And it's new comics day! That always makes me happy. No Green Lantern today, that's been postponed for a week, but I can live with that. All things considered, they've been doing quite well lately on getting the books out more or less on time.

You know something that would be a heck of a lot easier with a Green Lantern ring? Painting, that's what. Or moving furniture. Just think, when a member of the Justice League gets a new house or apartment, they don't have to go off and rent a U-Haul, they just whistle up for Superman, and he moves it all FOR them. And he probably doesn't even drink all of their beer afterwards. Don't call Hal or Ollie though, they'll move your stuff, and they lay around and swill all your alcohol and hit on your girlfriend. Booster Gold would probably be happy to help out, if he's allowed to play with the Christmas decorations...so...shiny. Kyle would get distracted and start reading magazines out of the boxes. Guy would make a giant green truck, and then neglect to tie anything down, so he has to go back and pick up all of his (or your)stuff afterwards. Wonder Woman would be glad to help, and would probably alphabetize your spices.

This has nothing to do with anything, I just like the crazed look on his face. So appropriate.

Gu pictures

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hah! Ordinarily this would have been one of those "oopsie" posts, where I accidentally hit the wrong buttom, and I'd be cursing and having to come up with a second post.

However, I managed to figure out how to EDIT it! I'm SO pleased with myself.

Couldn't do anything to improve the content however. Sorry.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Psycho-face Guy is perfectly legitimate content.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, congrats on the edit function! I don't use it nearly as often as I should -- and considering editing is what I do for a living, that's nothing short of pathetic. :-\

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Spellchecking is for lesser mortals!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Michael Bailey said...

Isn't that Guy pic from the series of JUSTICE LEAGUE postcards released in 1988 or so?

I have those. They're keen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home