Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: New Books! Woohooooo!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Books! Woohooooo!

Gosh, the only thing more fun than going to my beloved comicbookstore and BUYING my books, and coming home and reading them all, is going onto my blog the next day, and blathering about them. End of the month usually means some goodies, and I wasn't disappointed.

Ambush Bug #3.....This...is utterly, and completely ridiculously stupid of course. Some of the jokes are asinine, and some of them fall pretty flat. I don't care. I love this book. Oh look...the rolling head of Pantha! Am I a bad person if that made me chuckle? On the other hand, true love does win out...sort of.

Blue Beetle #31....HooHAH!

Fables #76....and here we have the aftermath to the great war between Fabletown and the Adversary. Gepetto is introduced to the Fables that he did his very best to annihilate, and he's not impressed. Snow White defends her cubs. Bigby lurks. Pinnochio looks worried. And beautiful artwork by Mike Allred. Good good stuff.

Jack of Fables #26...and the plot thickens. I'm rather looking forward to the whole big fight that is brewing, because I'd like to move on a bit. Still, it is enjoyable, and gosharootie, I just love Babd the tiny blue ox more and more.

Superman#680....Awwwwwww! That's one heck of a dog. With big pointy teeth and a one-track mind. Superman loves his dog and vice versa. Lois receives a wake-up call, and will probably not be quite so snarky when Krypto decides to chew up her new shoes from now on. And Zatarra shows up and gets all snarky. This was quite good.

Superman/Batman #52...As I said last month, I don't normally pick up this book, but the tiny cute little heroes were JUST so adorable, as drawn by Rafael Albuquerque, that I couldn't resist. MORE cuteness, as all the tiny little villains show up.

But first...

silly

Aagghh! Cuteness overload! The endearing little villains also learn that bullets have a more...permanent effect in this particular universe when the little Joker decides to experiment. Naturally little Lex is the one making the trouble, even bothering BIG Lex! While the rest of the Justice League goes off to investigate, Batman is the one stuck with monitor and babysitting duty. Good thing he's there when the tiny terrors come calling!

Photobucket

The look on Batman's face is just priceless.

Turns out the whole thing is one of those pranks/wagers between Mxy and Batmite. Too bad about little Supeman though.

Wolverine: First Class#7....You know, I really don't remember Kitty being quite this psychotic back in the day. She not only has a crush on Colossus, but she's actively stalking him at this point. On the other hand, did you know that reindeer hide renders you invisible to thermal vision? The things you learn!

Trinity #17...Good heavens, we're just about 1/3 of the way through already! Where DID the time go? Things are looking ominous. I'm still liking this book. It's not quite as engaging as 52 was, but it is head and shoulders above Countdown.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the heck out of their books.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lil' Black Canary, in fishnets, is disturbing in a Jon Benet Ramsey kind of way.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

But the art is just so...CUTE! I love how Roy just can't really believe what he's seeing.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

OH THANK THE GODS. I thought I was the only person on the planet actually enjoying Trinity.

Got here through Ragnell's blog; you're definitely added to my regular read list. We seem to share tastes and sense of humor.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

But...but I LIKE Trinity! At least stuff is happening!

And thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home