Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Great Galloping Hornytoads...It's Wednesday!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Great Galloping Hornytoads...It's Wednesday!

I love Wednesdays. I love them even when there has been a holiday and the delivery of the books has been delayed a day. It is like having Christmas Eve EVERY WEEK! And here it is Wednesday again, on a crisp October day, with a burning blue sky, and the leaves all turning color, and fresh apple cider. Summer is nice enough, but by GOD, I love Autumn.

This Wednesday is a particularly good one. We have both Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corp coming out ON THE SAME DAY! I think that I've died and gone to little green Heaven. No Booster Gold, but I suppose that you can't have everything.

This is the one afternoon a week, that you do NOT want to call me. I get my books at my beloved local Comic Book Store, and wallow in the warm and fuzzy feelings of actual Nerd contact. I come home, and tenderly put my books on the table next to the couch, and make lunch, and brew some tea, and put on some good music, and spend the rest of the afternoon basking in the glow.

Wars may be declared, financial crises may come and go, but I ignore it all. And as my children have come to know, you DAMNED better not fall off of a skateboard and break your arm on a Wednesday, because I'll be seriously pissed! And it's gonna be pizza for dinner, because you really can't expect me to cook on Wednesday night.

Hmmmm...some of the cantankerousness from being Internet deprived for a whole day seems to have lingered. I can't be cantankerous today...it's Wednesday!

And just for fun...

Batman

This sort of relates to Bash Batman week. I don't think that Alfred has ever actually bashed Batman, but you really have to feel for the poor man. After dealing with twelve tons of bat guano on a monthly basis, you just KNOW that he wants to give ol' Bruce a big smack in the backof the head.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that the sale and refinement of all that batshit is one of the mainstays of Bruce's fortune. There's good money in manure!

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I'm like that on Tuesdays, too, when new videos come out. :-)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I usually buy my comics on Thursday, because that's payday and it's also one of my regular days off from work. I can't say why it's that way... that's just the way I've always done it.

I will be making an exception today, however, because I'm dying to read the new GLC. Off to the store I go!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...it's ALL good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home