Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well, that was a pretty decent Wednesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Well, that was a pretty decent Wednesday

Usually the third week of the month is a bit dull for me, but I had a pretty decent haul yesturday. I picked up the following books:

Astonishing X-Men
Booster Gold
The Brave & the Bold
DC Universe: Decisions
Fables
Flash
Justice Society of America
Final Crises: Legion of Three Worlds
Final Crises: Rogues' Revenge
Trinity
Zorro

Not a bad haul at all.

I have to admit that Astonishing X-Men has been a bit on the...convoluted side, but I DO like Bianchi's artwork, so I'm sticking with it. For now. And I'm enjoying the relationship between Beast and Agent Brand. And Scott's suddenly growing a spine.

I have to say that I LOVE the cover to Booster Gold #13! It has dialogue and everything! I also have to admit that I was just a tiny bit terrified that it was going to be awful. It was Rick Remender who took over the all-new Atom from Gail Simone, and in the space of a mere two issues sapped all the joy and fun from the book. So I was apprehensive. Not to worry, there were some lovely bits throughout the book.

The Brave and the Bold continues the story from last month, teaming up Supergirl and Raven. Not exactly my cup of tea, since I can hardly think of two characters that I care LESS about, but a decent read,nevertheless.

There has been a great deal of vitriol aimed at DC Universe: Decisions. I'm going to buck that trend here, by stating that this is stupid...but fun. In fact, the further it goes, the funnier it gets, if you are looking at it in that way. Stop trying to analyze whether or not Lois would be a Republican. I've stopped taking this seriously at ALL . Plus, it has Hal's butt prominantly displayed, which is ALWAYS a good thing. I'm not quite sure that I buy the identity of the villain, but I'm eager to see what happens next.

Fables was fantastic. It always is.

Flash was interesting. I don't really mind that Wally is having to run at only the speed of sound. I've always thought that it made sense to put some limitations on the amazing things that your heroes can do, because it makes them TOO powerful. Plus it has Jay. And BEES. And Roy.

Gosh, I'm loving the Justice Society. The art is lovely as usual, and now, in addition to Gog and Magog, we have the Justice Society Infinity showing up! And other stuff as well, of course. And I just LOVED this picture...

Photobucket

Woohoo! You tell 'em Alan! And Ted. Of course, it WOULD be Hawkman who starts things. Stupid Hawkman!

All sorts of interesting things are being revealed in FC: Legion of Three Worlds. Keeping in mind that I usually don't give a crap about the Legion, I'm enjoying it for the stuff about the Green Lanterns. Oh, and I keep hoping that somebody will finally put Superboy Prime out of my misery.

FC: Rogues' Revenge was GREAT! I can't help it, I know that they are villains, but they are really really interesting villains. Captain Cold has this...world-weary attitude that is quite appealing. And Libra got thwarted which is always nice. Boy, Inertia is NOT a nice boy. I've never been able to stand him, so I'm quite pleased at his eventual fate. But Zoom's was QUITE a surprise.

Trinity continues to entertain me, which is nice. Of COURSE Aquaman would look different if you didn't have Superman around to compare him to.

Zorro came out, which was nice. Pretty, and a good read. It has sword-fighting!

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Brave & Bold has definitely been moved to my "Collect in Trades" list. Not that I haven't enjoyed recent stories -- they just aren't "Ooooh, I GOTTA read that NOW" fare for me anymore. :-(

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The Brave and the Bold does seem to be coasting a bit lately. However next month's issue has Hal in it again, so perhaps things will pick up.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger ticknart said...

Re: Booster Gold --

Daniel putting Starro in a mayo jar, brilliant.
Booster asking how he can possible be related to Daniel because of the mayo jar, even more brilliant because you know that Booster put something stupid in a jar while he was part of the JLA. In fact, I'd like to insist that someone write a story where Booster keeps something stupid in a jar just to prove how related he and Daniel really are.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The bit with the mayonnaise jar is one of my favorite moments in Booster Gold, which really,along with Rogue's Revenge, has to be my favorite book this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home