Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well THAT was Unfortunate

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Well THAT was Unfortunate

I apologize for not blogging yesturday, but my fershlugginer computer decided to go belly-up, and I was having hysterics all over the place. All the teenagers decided to be selfish and go off school! The nerve! Fortunately, I had a cunning plan. We do have a back-up computer thingie, so I plopped that one on the desk, and with a lot of brow-furrowing, I figured out how to put the plugs and wires and thingies on the back of the busted one, into the one that is NOT so busted. And it worked!

Sort of. It wouldn't let me connect to the Internet, which made me cry. So I went off and actually worked around the house for a while, went to the bank, shopped and boring stuff like that. But my heart was heavy. Then I finally managed to get ahold of the oldest daughter who actually worked in the IT department of her college, and asked her in a quavering tone what the fuck I was going to do?

Push this button, and do this, she said...and lo and behold...it worked! Woohoo! My blogging hand has stopped quivering and my bloodpressure has dropped back into its slothlike normal state. But it was a close call. Thank GOD, we bought the insurance on these things, so the Geek Squad will fix it up good as new. But this does seem to be happening with dull regularity, and it is annoying.

When did we become so darned dependant upon this phenomenom we call "blogging"? Is anyone else in the same pitiful state of mind when denied access to his or her drug of choice? I don't think that I've ever taken anything much stronger than aspirin in my life (except for that one joyful experience with Sodium Pentathol during a minor operation) but I'm actually beginning to have a tiny smidgeon of sympathy for addicts. I didn't start shaking or experienced any actual physical symptoms, but I WAS extremely...pissy.

So anyway, the crises has been averted, the sun is shining and new comics are coming out tomorrow.

11 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

"with a lot of brow-furrowing, I figured out how to put the plugs and wires and thingies on the back of the busted one, into the one that is NOT so busted. And it worked!
Sort of. It wouldn't let me connect to the Internet, which made me cry."
Y'know, that sounds exactly like me trying to make the darn box work. Glad I'm not the only one.

And yus, I get stroppy when denied my internet or blogging fix too.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Poor thing! Yeah, I was wondering if perhaps your computer was having problems yesterday -- I remember when Soup had computer problems a while back. :-( I had a laptop go kaplooey on me last November (my Presario -- waaaah!). I replaced it with a used and much clunkier machine, and I've been amazingly happy with it. I'm thinkin' maybe used computers are the way to go now.

And, YES, blogging is addictive! It's painful to be cut off from accessing such a handy means of exorcising creative and/or ornery demons. ;-)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm SO relieved to know that it isn't just me. I was ornery all day.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Crises on Infinite Hard-Drives

I tell, ya, we could follow it up with a daily called "365"

Cha-ching!!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Mana G said...

I'm not usually ornery if I lose the ability to blog, (I almost never get to on Fridays, for instance), but I WAS feeling grumpy yesterday, without any new "Green Lantern Butts Forever" posts! When I DO have computer and internet access, see, I always make sure to check this (consistently enjoyable) blog. It has been a bright spot of many a rough day, so I was quite disappointed to look you up and see that you hadn't updated since Saturday! Glad to see you made it work, though.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger googum said...

Oh, it's not just you: when I was going to quit blogging, it was like kicking black tar heroin. Didn't take, though.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I get all twitchy when I lose internet access. Enough so that I spend far more time than I should in the internet cafe when I'm on vacation.

It's funny, actually. I don't get this upset over losing anything else, not even when I don't get to go to the comic book store. Unless it's a week when there's something I'm dying to read, that is... this week, for instance!

I have not been properly updating my blog, or my LJ, anyway.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the other night I couldn't get the mouse on my computer to work and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. It absolutely ruined my night.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

I'm a bit more philosophical about things when the computer or the Internet doesn't work. I mean, I enjoy using it and all, but I don't think I'm on a level of addiction yet.

...All those year catching the reading habit must have paid off. :-)

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Boy, we really are all pathetic. However, I can rationalize this (I can rationalize just about ANYTHING) by simply stating that we are all a part of a greater whole, and huddled before the glow of our computer screens, we are actually REACHING OUT TO ONE ANOTHER in the spirit of camaeraderie and friendship.

That sounds SO much better.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, and Duskdog, Happy Birthday! I found your blog, and loved it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home