Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Be a Superhero and Vote

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Be a Superhero and Vote

This is my third attempt at posting, Windows keeps kicking me off in the middle of typing, and I'm getting AWFULLY annoyed. The main computer is in the shop, and this is the backup, and it's starting to act up as well. Curses!

Well...I performed my civic duty, and went with my youngest daughter to go and vote this morning about 9:00 AM. Not much of a line, but a LOT more people than I am used to seeing. I waited till most everyone was at work, and managed to breeze right in. My husband and my son vote earlier on the way to work, and said that the place was packed, which is a GOOD thing. Of course my smartass kid hung over the top of the little booth thingie, as I carefully filled in my ovals with a black pen. In Connecticut they did away with the old voting booths with the curtain and the lever, and it is a darned shame! She kept snickering and suggesting that I write in Batman as a choice. At this point, a wizened old lady waddled over and suggested that she leave as she was being a bit of a distraction. I had already finished, so collected my unrepentant offspring and went over to enter my ballot. The two ladies standing there were snickering through the whole thing, and gave her an "I Voted Today" sticker to make up for getting her feelings hurt.

*sigh*

I hope that all the DC and Marvel Superheroes also took the time out to vote today. Of course, for some of them, that might be a bit on the difficult side. Wolverine is Canadian, so he can't vote. Tora and Bea aren't American either, so they'e staying in and baking cookies. Kyle is out hunting K'ryb, and Guy is stuck leading a diplomatic mission to visit the Star Sapphires. Batman seems to be out of it for the moment, but I'm sure that as Clark Kent, Superman will be heading to his local polling place as soon as he finishes his last article. Clark is conscientious that way.

John was smart and voted early, just in case. Hal...well, Hal is a special case of course.

Hal Pictures

It's ok Hal. They have nice old ladies there to help you. Well, except for that one. Watch out for her, Hal, she's on the cranky side.

Go Vote!

7 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee. You totally should have written in Batman. He'd have the place cleaned up in no time!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cranky old ladies are required at polling places, mine had two.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I've been telling people for ages that I'm going to write in Batman.

However, at least two of my coworkers know me well enough to ask "Wait... not Green Lantern?"

Kyle is too airheaded, Hal would spend the entire presidency either in bed with interns or unconscious, John knows better, and the world is not yet ready for President Gardner.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Bhwahahaha! The world is indeed not quite ready for a President Gardner. You're absolutely right about Hal though.

John would make a good Secretary of State, I think. He'd make a good President too, but I don't think he has the patience for it.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Obama actually won Indiana! :-) Sure, the vote-counting in the state took all night, but he DID win it! :-) I'm so proud of my stupid state right now ...

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy is stuck leading a diplomatic mission to visit the Star Sapphires.

Guy...Gardner?? Leading a diplomatic mission???

What, Rambo couldn't make it??

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...Arisia and Sodam Yat and some of the Guardians are going along, but yes, the possibilities for disaster are certainly...imminent.

It could be awfully funny however.

Oh, and Duskdog? Your Gardner/Rayner 08 ticket is HILARIOUS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home