Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Golden Age Starman had all the fun

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Golden Age Starman had all the fun

I'm a huge fan of Starman. Not as huge of a fan as I am of Green Lanterns, but I really really really liked Robinson's version of Starman with Jack Knight. I like the Shade too, he's awfully cool. But I have to admit that I barely registered Jack's dad, Ted Knight on my scale of things to get excited about, until I started reading some old Golden Age books, with Alan Scott as Green Lantern, and Ted as the original Starman.

Gosh, they're a hoot.

Which is one of the reasons that I love the present Justice Society so much. They've been through SO much, and done SO much, and they are all still friends, which is rather nice. They take time out from rocking on the front porch to mentor the younger kids, and then go off and show Superman and Batman how it is REALLY done.

Now Ted Knight was an inventor, and he invented the Star Rod...a name which just makes me giggle, because despite my advanced age, I'm depressingly juvenile sometimes. And he used to do such amazing things with his mighty rod...and...and...

Photobucket

Ah Ted. No wonder the original Black Canary couldn't keep her hands off of you, you dapper dog, you.

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

He's just glad to see you.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA!

Sorry, not much to add.

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a passage from a long ago article about superwives...

"You may wonder why we don't include husbands. Well, the truth is that the only famous superheroine husband was Larry Lance. And, as his wife's partner, Starman, cuckolded him, it's an issue we'd just like to sweep under the rug."

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Poor old Larry. To be fair, I think that they only "did" it once. Or twice. Ok, maybe three times, that was it.

And Ted's rod is always vibrating, or pointing or...or...it gets pretty intense sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home