Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Hallelujah!!!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Hallelujah!!!

It's fixed! My computer is back, and fixed, and my oldest reinstalled everything, and it's just zipping right along, and I smell it and it smells like VICTORY!! The malaise that I've been suffering through the past month has just fallen away and I'm feeling quite ornery.

I also finally got my new comics. Although it was a bit of a small week, it was still a pretty darned GOOD week. I'm also feeling quite contrary, in that I enjoyed all the books that everyone else hated, which always makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

For example...I hadn't really been following the whole Batman R.I.P. storyline much, certainly not buying the book, because I'm just not much of a Batfan. But of course, I couldn't avoid hearing about it, so finally, I went out and bought #681, which is the grand finale to the whole shebang...and you know what? I LIKED IT! Could the artwork have been better? Probably, but you can say that about a whole LOT of books. Batman's omnipotence can occasionally annoy me, but here, I rather enjoyed it. Then I went out and bought #682, and I liked IT too! Nice little tie-in to Final Crises, and it rather neatly explains why Batman isn't the deus ex machina that he usually is...at least not yet.

I went out and bought the Haunted Tank #1, simply because I've always loved the concept of the ghost of James Ewell Brown Stuart haunting a tank. It was a violent and hilarious story, and I liked it.

Jonah Hex #38 actually made me laugh out loud at some of the dialogue. Jonah has been bushwacked by a former acquaintance of his, a sheriff from a previous story. Continuity! Except that Jonah really hasn't the foggiest idea who the man is, which just infuriates him. He insists on going into great detail over his story,while Jonah rolls his eyes and complains.

"Ah'd prefer ya shot me in advance of any long-winded remembrances bloated with the kinda words women use 'round the teapot."

"Youll hear my story in its entirety BEFORE you die!"

"In that case Ah'm lookin' forward ta dyin' as a means of escape from yer dull exposition."

HAW!!!

Do you remember a few issues back where the two women on this ranch were kidnapping men and cutting them up into little pieces? Turns out this owlhoot was the sheriff of that town. His idiot son, rides in, after getting into some trouble, pursued by a gang of female bounty hunters, whom the sheriff and his son then proceed to gun down. The kid takes off, and the sheriff manages to talk his way out of trouble. Too bad that Jonah rides into town and tells them all about the killings and maimings. The townspeople get spooked,and elect another sheriff, so the poor guy has to leave town. He blames all of his troubles on Jonah of course.

Turns out that there is more blame to go around. Jonah had heard about the gunning down of Rose and her posse of bounty hunters, and isn't too pleased. He also just happened across the sheriff's moron of a son as the kid was in the process of robbing a bank,and taught him a lesson for his trouble. A permanent lesson. Also, beating up Jonah Hex never seems to work out too well, as he manages to spot a rattlesnake, and THROWS it at the sheriff. It just happens to bite the sheriff in a VERY unfortunate spot, and I have to say that the image is frightfully funny. BUY this and READ this, because it is SO worth it.

I liked the Justice Society of America #21 too. Yes, I suppose that we all shouldn't be too surprised that Gog is finally showing his true colors, but I still enjoyed it. Lovely artwork, and it was nice to see the befuddled Leaguers face off against Gog once he demanded their worship. I also enjoyed seeing Ted smack Teddy around. Grant got HIS comeuppance, and probably deserved it. Felt sorry for Mr. Miracle and Alan though.

Terra #3 has been quite nice, and the artwork by Amanda Conner just shines. I'm even able to tolerate Geoforce, which is a bit of a miracle in and of itself.

Trinity continues to present a fun and interesting story.

Vixen was pretty decent too.

I really really enjoyed my books this week. I'm also really enjoying being able to WRITE about my books this week!

6 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, Mister Miracle? Or did you mean Doctor Midnight?
Congratulations on solving your IT problems.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Actually, I meant Mr. Terrific, but I'm an idiot, and forgot which "Mister" I was talking about.

Oops.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Oh, that's droll Mr. Hex, very droll. No respect whatsoever for the villain's need to bloviate.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Huzzah! Let's hear it for comics AND repaired computers! :-D

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

A LOUD Huzzah!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

I'm really glad your computer problems are solved. It's like having your sight back ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home