Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh...the Horror!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh...the Horror!

So I was sitting in my chair, going through my usual morning routine, of checking out all the various blogs and sites that I usually visit, and for some reason, the character of Terry Long seemed to keep popping up. This struck me as being a little odd, since Terry Long, is long-gone...fortunately for all of us. And yet...!

For those of you who may not know, Terry Long was the man that Donna Troy decided to marry waaaaaaaay back when, when she was in the Teen Titans. He was this creepy College Professor, who spent most of his time running around with his shirt undone to his waist, wearing a gold chain and showing off his manscape. He spent far too much time hitting on all of Donna's female friends, and pretending to be "with it".

Photobucket

This is Terry Long. There is another picture out there showing him wearing a spotted speedo, that is to horrible to inflict upon you.

*shudder*

Anyhoo, to make a long story short, Donna even managed to produce an offspring from his unholy union. As I said, fortunately, they drove their car off of a cliff and we all enjoyed their fiery death. And Death, is where Terry Long has been residing for a very long time.

However....it occurs to me, that the upcoming Blackest Night storyline in the Green Lantern books could bring about something truly horrible. The Black Lanterns are the reanimated Dead. Which means J'onn J'onnz could be a Black Lantern. Or Katma Tui, or Bzzd. Or...TERRY LONG!

Can't you see Winick doing a story with a zombified Terry Long?

Gah!

14 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Oh god. What if they bring back Bart Allen as Black Lantern.
Do they get to keep their personalities as Black Lanterns? Cos a zombie hyperactive Bart could work very well...

And, lol, my word verification is hypent. Which I think is quite apt.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Egads. I suppose I should blame you in advance for my nightmare tonight. ;)

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would only be great it's Bart Allen before he went through his second little aging snit. or maybe the adult Bart who remembers what sort of person he truely is. Preferably with zombified image bubbles. Bart has always been too cool for thought bubbles.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Tony Z™ said...

Back in the day, when the books were being published and I was about the same age as the New Teen Titans (which, sadly, is not the case today), I really liked Terry Long. I loved his relationship with Donna and how much they truly loved each other. I never saw him as creepy or lecherous. I guess I need to go back and reread those so I can see what apparently every other person in the entire world is seeing.

Of course, by the time Donna and Terry moved over to Team Titans and she lost her powers, the writers didn't know what to do with Terry and they turned him into a complete jackass. By the time Byrne killed him off I didn't care one way or the other.

It would be interesting to see if he did come back via Blackest Night if they'd give him his original personality or the one everyone has projected onto him in the decades since...

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I liked Terry, too, until he lost his confidence and became a whiny jerk who seemed to blame Donna for all his problems. If they bring him back as a zombie, I think his whiny personality would work better than his original one.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

You know, though -- some people DESERVE to be turned into zombies!

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly: "I liked Terry, too, until he lost his confidence and became a whiny jerk who seemed to blame Donna for all his problems. If they bring him back as a zombie, I think his whiny personality would work better than his original one."

Definitely. He was at least tolerable to me until he reached a plot point that boiled down to "I can't finish this thesis paper I need to keep my job, and it's all because my wife is better than me at existing. Wah!". Then I wanted to see him die. If he's a whiny Black Lantern, then we can have the fun of watching him get re-killed.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm not sure that we'll see Bart come back as a Black Lantern, because I'm firmly convinced that he's actually in that lightning rod that the Legion is carrying around...maybe.

The thing that used to gross me out about Terry Long is the way that he openly ogled all the other women. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a pass at Wonder Woman!

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Willow: Yep, it would have to be fun bart, not laden down with angst. It just doesn't suit him to be moody, he's basically too optimistic.

@Sally: Lightning rod and the legion? Could you elaborate as to your theory? I don't read the Legion books but your comment has very much intrigued me.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Saranga, I don't read the Legion either, but during that whole thing in the Justice League/Justice Society crossover a while back, they brought back Wally and his family back, but A Speedster was also captured in the lightning rod, since a bunch of Legionaires had also shown up. Brainiac comments on the fact that they got the "right" Flash or words to that effect. I think, although I'm not exactly positive that this is also touched upon more recently in the Legion/Final Crises crossover thingie.

Just hints so far, nothing definitive, but my impression is that Bart is...somewhere, and possibly with the Legion. Which could be very very interesting.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Oooh. OK i didn't read the JL/JS crossover either. Still, oooh!
Is XS still in the legion? Cos her and Bart together are great, and the kid really does need some non-Wally family around him and the security of knowing his world. Something I don't think he got whilst in this century, plus, he also needs to be with his mum sometimes.
Excitement off. And I'll be keeping an eye on legion solicits from now on. Thanks for the heads up!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger googum said...

Zombie Impulse, with his little thought balloons nothing but pictures of brains, would totally sell me on this Black Lantern thing.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Black Lanterns are the reanimated Dead.

Wait, so the Black Lanterns are the DC Zombies? I guess what goes around comes around. Marvel is ripping off DC's JLApe, so it's only fair.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bets on the currently-deceased Bruce Wayne becoming a Black Lantern? Anyone?

Quite possibly just so he can tick off Hal some more, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home