Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Say, Whatever Happened...?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Say, Whatever Happened...?

Whatever DID happen to Adam Hughes' All-Star Wonder Woman project? I can remember getting excited about this about two years ago. I understand that things take a certain amount of time in the wacky world of comicbook publishing, but two YEARS?

I haven't really noticed anything much about this project lately, so I was wondering if anybody knew anything about it. Perhaps Mr. Hughes is taking care to draw the entire series first, so that there won't be any delays. I do believe that he is writing it as well? Maybe the changes that Gail Simone has made to the book have to be accommodated? That however certainly doesn't stop Frank Miller from doing whatever the heck he wants to do with All-Star Batman & Robin.

Photobucket

I guess I'm just feeling cranky today. But I really WOULD love to read this book, and I'm beginning to fall a prey to despair.

9 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

Another question...

Whatever happened to Geoff John's All-Star Green Lantern, All-Star Batgirl, and of course someone else's All-Star Justice League?

But hey, at least DC isn't either making or allowing its writers to write too much crap like Bendis at Marvel...

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL2814E, Justice is basically All-Star Justice League.

Adam Hughes DRAWS a fantastic Wonder Woman, but has he ever written her? Heck, has he ever written a comic? I kind of want ASWW to be a comic I can give to my mom, a big Wonder Woman fan who doesn't care for comic books, which I think was the whole point of All-Star.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Mr. Hughes is taking care to draw the entire series first, so that there won't be any delays.

I vaguely remember reading something to this effect. That release isn't imminent, but it's being worked on and not canceled or anything.

All-Star Batgirl, however, is in limbo indefinitely, for reasons I can't remember exactly.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I agree -- Justice is pretty much All-Star Justice League. A darned good one, too.

I'd LOVE to see All-Star Green Lantern. Of course. :-)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

He wrote a 3-issue SUPERMAN/GEN 13mini a few years back. It was a lot better than the title suggests. The Lee Bermejo art didn't hurt, either.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I understand he injured his hand at a con and this has slowed him down. I don't remember which Word Balloon interview I heard this on, but it was definitely on an episode of Word Balloon.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Was there ever going to be an All-Star Green Lantern?

I hadn't read that he'd hurt his hand, Micheal, so thank you. I just wondered if anyone knew why it was taking so long. Because it sounds pretty good.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger googum said...

Best guess, DC's hedging their bets on two fronts: one, that Hughes, god bless him, is gonna be later than hell, even with like 3 or 6 issues in the can. Two, if they can ever get that Wonder Woman movie going, they'll have this great comic they can get out at the same time.

Although, supposedly as a brand, All-Star hasn't been doing great, and I think the editor was laid off?

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Is there going to be a POST-Morrison All-Star Superman team?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home