Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Post Wednesday Euphoria

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Post Wednesday Euphoria

Well! That was a very very nice Wednesday. It would be nice if every week were this good, but you don't always get what you want. But, oh, this week I definitely got what I needed.

Booster Gold #17 came out this week, and it was up to its usual high standards. Booster is being pulled about by the mysterious knife, and that glowy guy keeps showing up, but the main part, was concerned with Booster making sure that Barry Allen is exactly where and when he is supposed to be, when that freak lightning strike occurs and Barry has an Origin. And Booster uses his...brains! The cliffhanger looks like fun, it's about TIME that Booster teamed up with...Booster?

There was also one of the Origins & Omens back stories, as told by the whacked-out Guardian, Scar. This was a slightly unnecessary re-cap of Booster's origin. Slightly, because we just had a rather nice one over in 52, not that terribly long ago. It does show a rather nice teaser panel at the end however, with the identity of the Black Beetle revealed, and for some reason, a whole bunch of Teen Titans.

Fables #81

Well, bummer. Too bad about Boy Blue, and Rose Red hears a lot of things she'd probably prefer not to.

Green Arrow/Black Canary #17

Mervyn gets sprung from jail, but he ends up not quite as happy about this as you would think. A large desk falls on Ollie. Ollie has an admirerer, but she's a little on the crazy side. Presumably she's been taking that correspondence course from Jean Loring. And Dinah really should be a little more careful about using her canary cry, as I see another villain origin waiting in the wings.

Green Lantern Corps #33

Oh My God!

Nightwing #153

Well, this is the last issue, and it went out very well, dare I say it, with a little sweetness. I used to hate Nightwing, and Tomasi made me enjoy it, so I'm going to miss it.

Thor#600

Yes, it was expensive, but I have to say, that for once, a Marvel book actually lived up to its promise and delivered a LOT for that five bucks. I am still waiting for Loki to get his/her comeuppance, but you have to admit that he pulled the strings rather brilliantly here. There were also some very nice back up stories, the Mini-Marvel one in particularly was hilarious.

Trinity #37

Boy, things are moving along rather nicely. I was glad to see that the three of them managed to bury their differences eventually. Too bad about all that destruction beforehand. I'm not much of a Joker fan, but his depiction in the second part of the book, was a hoot. Warm puppies, inDEED!

Vixen #5

This seemed like such a nice wrap-up to the story,that I was astonished to realize that there is still another issue to go. Pretty art though. So so pretty.

10 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

You might want to re-word that a little, otherwise some people may think that WE actually see who the Black Beetle is. On that note, what's your theory on his identity?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Speaking of euphoria moments this week...

You did get to see the GL Corps episode of Batman: Brave and the Bold, didn't you?

After a particular scene played out, I swore I could hear your squeal all the way from here.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sorry about that. We see his silhouette basically. If we are going to speculate, I would have to say, that based on what is being set up in Blue Beetle's book, that Hector turns into the Black Beetle after his friend dies...Nadia? I don't remember her name off hand, but the other girl who helps Jaime out on the computer. At least that's my theory

Soup, I did INDEED squeal! Good Heaven's, I practically swooned. I'd KILL for a Green Lantern Corp cartoon.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

I have to wonder if Black Beetle will be someone else because Booster seemed shocked at the reveal... Ted Kord maybe? Maybe he was only pretending to be evil and the Black Beetle... Ok I'm reachin' but I want the BLUE AND THE GOLD BACK DAMMIT! 'The Hetero Dynamic Duo for the 21st Century.'

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Actually, the "5 of 6" on the cover of the Vixen mini is a misprint. That was the last issue.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing more of that art...

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Animated Guy and Sinestro: I think I spent the whole episode squealing, actually.

Can't wait to read your in-depth thoughts on this issue of GLC. So many things to love about the main story and the Origins and Omens back-up, but that last splash (and some rumblings I've heard on the 'net) has me a little worried for our mutual fave Lantern...

And Fables, d'oh! Why do these things happen to characters I like when I've only just recently discovered how much I like them?

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I haven't read that Vixen series -- been mostly relying on other peoples' reviews. :-) If it comes out in trade form, though, I may have to pick it up!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I haven't read Booster yet, but Nightwing definitely went out on a high note. As for Vixen, that 5 of 6 on the cover took me by surprise, too, because the issue ended with "The End," and there was no preview of another issue. A misprint, perhaps?

I can't decide if I like GA and BC.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

They probably just cut the series short like they did that awful Lord Havok and the Extremist mini last year. (Those guys are no fun with no JLI context...)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ok, I guess it was just an error on the cover, about Vixen being number five instead of number six. It was well-written, and awfully pretty, I must say.

Booster Gold has me all excited about next issue,which is exactly what a comic book should do.

Green Lantern Corps is so good, that I'm quivering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home