Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Soothsaying

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, March 06, 2009

Soothsaying

Being something of a sucker for punishment, I do admit to visiting the various message boards sometimes, to see what people are talking about, mainly in relation to Green Lanterns. While there are occasionally some pretty good topics, there IS a downside, because message boards seem to be where the crazy people hang out. It is hard for me to believe, but there are STILL people out there fighting over whether or not Hal is better than Kyle and vice versa.

But never let it be said, that I can't recognize a good idea when I see one. And someone had the idea of everyone writing down, their individual prognostications for Blackest Night, and then when it was all over and done with, they could go back and see if they were close, or wildly ludicrous. And really, that strikes me as a pretty fun thing to do. That, and I'm a bit desperate for a topic for today.

So...here are my predictions for Blackest Night.

Dead people will come into the story...somehow. I know, this is a pretty risky jump in logic, but bear with me. Geoff Johns is pretty good about occasionally dropping in hints as to future storylines!

The scarred Guardian is Up To No Good. This one is a bit of a stretch, since as we all know, Guardians, in addition to being simply ADORABLE, are always wise, benevolent, trustworthy, and sincerely devoted to the well-being of their Corps. It's not like their plans have ever backfired or anything!

Hal Jordan will appear prominently. Again, a bit of a stretch, but Geoff Johns seems to like him for some reason.

Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner and John Stewart will also make token appearances.

Sinestro will also probably show up. I know that he's been a bit overused, but what the heck, he's not a bad villain.

Some OTHER villains will probably make an appearance as well. I've heard some wild talk about other "Corps" and something about a "War of Light". Probably nothing to get TOO worked up about though.

ALL of the characters will make it through the story, unscathed. This is comics we're talking about! They wouldn't kill off COMIC book characters! That...that would be just crazy!

At the end of the story, Hal will capture Sinestro, who will twirl his mustache and say..."Curses! Foiled again!" Hal will smile, and turn and "wink" at the audience, before leading Sinestro off in cute little green handcuffs. He will also use a glowing green boxing glove when he fights with Sinestro.

Green Lantern behinds will be prominently displayed throughout the entire crossover.

Well...I think we can be sure of the last prediction! Do any of you have any predictions of your own? Let's get them out there,and then look back in a few months, and see how we've all done. Personally, I think I just NAILED it.

5 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger The one letter wonder said...

My biggest prediction is that Krona and the Black hand are going to be the major villians. I haven't really kept up with the chatter about this storyline, though. So, this one could have already been disproved. I also think that something bad is going to happen to Guy.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Guy is going to do something awesome since Skeets can not be wrong about him being the greatest Lantern ever.

-E

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

My gosh, Sally! I do believe your predictions will be spot-on! ;-) LOL!

Here's another prediction: After The Blackest Night storyline has ended, in addition to Ivan Reis, Geoff Johns will leave the book -- and Green Lantern will suddenly start to totally SUCK. :-(

Hey, are you and I the only comic bloggers who haven't posted articles about Watchmen? Certainly seems that way. I can't go see it until I find a babysitter!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yup, pretty sure that Krona may come into things, he's been hanging around in Trinity at least.

I am little worried about Guy, what with the black footprints and a general sense of impending doom. But then I think back to Rebirth, when everyone said that Geoff Johns was going to kill off Kyle, and THAT didn't happen, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

But of course, he'll do something awesome.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Sea, I try not to think about things like Geoff Johns leaving! It's bad enough that we're losing Ivan Reis!

I haven't seen the Watchmen movie either. I don't really seem to get out too much. It IS fun however, when the trailers come on, to tell my kids that everyone dies in the end. Haw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home