Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Tiny Reviews for a Tiny Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tiny Reviews for a Tiny Week

Wow! That WAS a tiny week! It has finally dawned on me, that DC cancelling Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Robin and Blue Beetle has put a huge dent in my buying habits. It has also put a large dent in my indebtedness to Matt at my beloved local Comic Book Store. He was positively glum.

Well, it was the final issue of Black Lightning:Year One. It was decent, it was nice to know a bit more about Jefferson, although I think that it ended rather quickly...fight, fight, fight, lightning strikes, and everone ends up in jail, happy,theend.

I did pick up the Outsiders. This was a book that I formerly wouldn't have gone near with a ten foot pole, but now that Peter Tomasi is writing it, I have discovered that it is...GOOD! It also shows what happened to Black Lightning,which makes for a neat ending.

No Alfred in this issue,which is a shame, but there IS Owlman, and I think that Owlman is a great character. (I was going to say that he's a hoot, but I've already used that). Anyway, Geo-Force is running around being forceful, there are some rather interestin immortals, and something surprising happens to Katanna.

Thank goodness Trinity is always there. Not spectacular, but always solid, and decent storytelling. Things are beginning to pick up of course, with the end in sight,and the heroes getting back to normal with the exception of a very special few.

That was IT!

I feel oddly unfulfilled. A...a bit wanting. Maybe I'll just go and read Green Lantern Corps again.

5 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Owlman is a great character. (I was going to say that he's a hoot, but I've already used that).

How wise of you.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hah!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

See? By cutting down on its titles, DC is actually helping out its readers in these bad economic times by forcing us to spend less money on comics!

How thoughtful of them! ;-)

-- Sea

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

So really, it's for our own good?

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Marvel's been helping my bad economy for about ten years now; it's been about that long since they've published anything I want to buy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home