Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And Speaking of Star Sapphires...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And Speaking of Star Sapphires...!

Here is the nice page from DC's Source.

Photobucket

That's a whole lot of pink. Er...violet.

I do like the fact that all of the costumes are not exactly alike. Miri remains my favorite, because she's just so darned...cute. R'amey Holl sort of cute. Let's face it, Pat Gleason sure can do cute.

I sure hope that Ferris Air has some sort of set up that allows it to operate while the owner is off in Space doing her thing. I suppose when you come right down to it, the DC Universe must have all sorts of interesting legal thingamajigs in place to take care of things, such as who the heck is actually running Wayne Enterprises, or Kord Industries? Or Dinah's Flower shoppe for that matter. Maybe it is something that they set up with Oracle?

Ahem.

I must confess to having rather a soft spot for the Zamarons. They must have gotten AWFULLY fed up with the Guardians back in the day, when the little blue munchkins decided that emotion was for the birds and all of that. They probably didn't pick up their socks either. That sort of thing can wear on a woman.

I do wonder how Carol is going to interact with Queen Aga'po, once she's back to hanging out with the rest of the Sapphires. Since Carol did several stints of service as their nominal "Queen", it could get interesting. Or was Aga'po Queen all of the time, and the Zamarons were just humoring poor Carol. It could have even been their version of hazing for all we know. Or maybe they just really liked sticking it to the Green Lanterns, and thusly, to the Guardians a bit. Can't you just see them sitting around and drinking cosmopolitans and laughing their asses off, talking about Carol chasing Hal? Now THAT could be one heck of a mini-series.

14 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Will Staples said...

Regarding Ferris Air: Early in Geoff Johns's run, Tom Kalmaku got promoted to full partner, so they're covered.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

I wonder what happened to that female Guardian of the Universe named Lian. Remember she looked like a pre-Guardian Maltusian... I wonder if she'll be addressed.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Will Staples said...

I think I remember who you're talking about - I believe her name was Lianna. She turned up in the Omega Men miniseries after Infinite Crisis. After that, I don't know.

Personally, I like to think she'd have recognized the Guardians' folly, stayed loyal to Ganthet, and joined the Blue Lantern Corps.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

What I want to know is why all of them have the same body physique as Earth females. Bring on the H'lvenite and Bolovax Vikian girls!

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous TotalToyz said...

Who is the Lost Sapphire? The 1940s one who fought Jay Garrick,maybe?

And why is love the sole provinence of women?

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger ticknart said...

@TotalToyz -- That's what I was wondering. Will there be any male Star Sapphires?

I just know that if women had been excluded from the Red Lanterns there'd be an uproar, but not so much for the girls only club of the Sapphires.

(And for the record, I find it to be more of a curiosity than something to get upset about. I'd be just as dispassionate if DC had left women out of the Red Corps.)

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous TotalToyz said...

Oh yeah. Anyone who thinks women can't be overtaken by rage, has never seen my wife when I've forgotten to sort the clothes before putting them in the washer!

Are there any female Orange Lanterns? Of course women are subject to avarice; that's why we have QVC.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the Lost Sapphire will be their Ion or Parallax...

In as far as the bodies for the Star Sapphires... Maybe they just wanted to use a presentable, (RE: Ogle-Able) face for the Star Sapphire Corp.

Really, I could do without ever seeing a Hal Clone in those near g-string costumes...

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous TotalToyz said...

Really, I could do without ever seeing a Hal Clone in those near g-string costumes...A female comics fan of my acquaintence once said that anyone who designs a super-heroine or villainess costume should have to wear it for a day. I wished I hadn't heard that, because it put a disgusting image of Dave Cockrum in Shadow Lass' costume in my head....

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I'm pretty sure there's really only one Orange Lantern, and that's Larfleeze.

Yeah, there should be male Sapphires -- but since there apparently aren't (yet), I'm assuming it can be explained by prejudice on behalf of the Zamarons rather than the writers. After so many years with the Guardians for mates, they probably believe males can't feel love! (Were the Korugarians better, I wonder?)

I'm glad the costumes are different, too, because I hate Carol's costume with a passion. She's a woman who knows how to get down to business, and I always imagined she would know to wear something more practical than a string if she's going to be flying around doing active things! And we can't even blame the ring's control on her, because most of those other Sapphires are wearing more than that!

Then again, it's Hal's attention she's after, and I suppose lots of skin is what does it for him...

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

If you look at Larfleeze, he ( I assume it's a he) has quite a number of female constructs. You can tell, by the boobs.

As for male members of the Star Sapphires, it WOULD be nice to see, only for the chance to see some guys wearing one of...those outfits. However, it does seem up to the Zamarons themselves, whether or not to let any men in, and they seem to feel they have cooties.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

As far as I know, Lucius Fox handles things at Wayne enterprises when Bruce is away.

As for Dinah's flower shop, would you believe it's Rhosyn "Rose" Forrest aka The Thorn? Really,I'm not making this up. Gail wrote it in BOP.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Isn't Queen Aga'po the one that Hal smooched back when both Carol AND Cowgirl were possessed by Star Sapphire? And to think the Zamarons changed their approach right after Hal layed that big ol' kiss on her. DAMN, the boy MUST be a great kisser. ;-)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Shhhshh...Sky! Don't let Hal know, or he'll get a swelled head!

Well...more swelled than usual, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home