Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews AND Silliness

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reviews AND Silliness

Or Silly Reviews,if you wish.

While for the sake of my pocketbook, I suppose it is a good thing that I am buying fewer comics, it really isn't completely through choice, that I have been having such small weeks lately. No, that is thanks to the publishers, for cancelling half of my pull list!

Bah!

But still, there was some decent books this week.

Fables was excellent as usual, with the first hints of the Great Fables Crossover being hinted at. Due to the new villain taking over Fabletown, Bigby and Beast find it difficult to control their brutish natures, and have a rather spectacular throw-down. Beauty and Snow White literally throw themselves between the boys, and send them both home with their tails between their legs. And Stinky the Badger seems to have created a huge new worship of the previously deceased Blue Boy.

Green Arrow and Black Canary just keeps plodding along. I'm getting quite close to dumping this. I like both characters, but I do have this funny little quirk, in that I prefer them to be written IN character! Here, they have both been portrayed as being pretty damned incompetent, and it's starting to get ridiculous. SO ridiculous, that I am actually looking back at Winick' writing with nostalgia! How insane is THAT?!

Green Lantern Corps is simply SO magnificent, that I will, as usual give it its own post. But seriously, the only thing wrong with this book is that it ended...and I want more. MORE!

Trinity keeps plugging along. Only a few more issues to go. I did end up wondering if Superman ever eats his mother's cookies though.

And finally, to keep the whole theme of the week going, I found this.

Batman

I...I don't have a CLUE about what is really going on, but the whole "bouncing" thing just makes me giggle.

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Batman is such a good friend. He's showing his friend how to bounce, right?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Funny, how his buddy doesn't seem to be enjoying it NEARLY as much as Bats.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Moriarty said...

I know how you feel about your pull list. I only had a grand total of THREE comics this week (GLC, Oracle and Incognito). What with half my books being canceled and another bunch being deliberately dropped (like Green Arrow/Black Canary) thanks to my unfortunate layoff... it feels like I finish reading withing 30 minutes of getting home from the shop.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's a little depressing, isn't it? I wanted to pick up Oracle,but my shop didn't get it for some reason.

*sigh*

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

You're not missing much by missing oracle.

And hey, Winick could write both GA and BC in character. Maybe it'll get better BC gets her back story? I'll let you know. I'm a sucker for those two and can't bring myself to drop it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home