Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Brave & the Bold!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Brave & the Bold!

Finally, they are showing new episodes of The Brave & the Bold on the Cartoon channel again! I was beginning to suffer from withdrawal symptoms there, for a bit.

Last night's episode was co-starring none other than...Booster Gold! And Skeets! Oh and old cranky Wildcat shows up for the first short adventure,along with Bane, whom I can only now see talking the way that Gail Simone has hims talking.

Booster! So adorable. So shallow. He's trying to get a toy line going and stuff, and finally comes to realize that he actually needs a bit of street cred, as the parlance goes, and decides to team up with Batman. As you can well imagine, Batman is less than thrilled by this prospect.

I loved the fact that to Bat's utter chagrin, Booster knows perfectly well where the Batcave is located, and that as a matter of fact,it becomes a popula tourist ride and attraction. So...so perfect.

They end up fighting an immortal caveman named Krul (?) I was expecting Vandal Savage, but this one is nice too. Skeet's battery is used for various nefarious purposes, and of course, Batman teaches Booster a lesson in humility...which I am pleased to report doesn't take.

You know what I would like? A JLI cartoon! Like THIS! With Batman and Martian Manhunter and Guy and Booster and Beetle and Fire and Ice, and Oberon and Mr. Miracle and Barda and MAX!!! It...it would be heaven on earth.

7 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

"You know what I would like? A JLI cartoon!"

THIS.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The JLI was MADE for cartoons, and we are so cruelly denied.

I'm kind of hoping they'll do kind of JLI ep of BatB. They've already had most of the cast. If they had Jonah Hex, the fact that people are dead shouldn't matter!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

What with all the slapstick and goings on, you would think that a JLI cartoon would be perfect.

*sigh*

It WOULD be so nice.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

A JLI cartoon would make me so happy.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! I saw that episode -- hooray for new episodes. Skeets was perfect. I love Steets. :-)

Really, I do think Brave & Bold is one of the best shows on TV right now. 'Course, I'm not biased or anything ... ;-)

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE TBATB because they put Jaime on it! Kids everywhere will grow up loving Jaime!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It is such a fun show. So nice to have a competent yet UNgloomy Batman. But the plethora of guest stars are what really makes it work for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home