Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Reviews!

You know, for a week without a Green Lantern book, this was actually pretty good.

I did have to break down and get the Final Crisis: RUN! issue, with none other than old Mike the Human Flame on the cover. I place the blame firmly on Scipio's shoulders, since he is the one who taught me to appreciate the Human Flame in the first place. Gosh, that Mike is SUCH a scalawag! Too bad about his tank exploding.

I also had to pick up Fin Fang 4, Return! I wish...I desperately wish, that Marvel would make this into an ongoing book, because it is consistantly hilarious, with Googam, Son of Goom, Gorgilla, Elektro, and of course, the magnificent Fin Fang Foom himself. The Christmas Hydra fight is particularly insane...but only in a good way.

The Flash,Rebirth #2. Oh. Oh my. More on this tomorrow.

Jonah Hex was a mostly silent issue, all action and practically no dialogue for the first part of the book, and one heck of a dilemna for the second part of the book. Good good stuff. That is one heck of a reputation that ol' Jonah has working for him.

I was quite pleased to pick up Power Girl #1. It has the same writers as Jonah Hex, and Amanda Conner on the artwork! Woohoo! Things certainly start out with a bang. Peej is trying to put her past behind her and figure out who she really is, and who can blame her? She's starting up her old company again, and working with a secret identity, when peculiar things start to happen, courtesy of the Ultra-Humanite. The Ultra-Humanite is up to no good. Also, her Cat shows up. Her CAT! I LOVE Peej's Cat! This looks as though it is going to be fun.

Trinity #49. Well, only a few more issues to go. I thought that the big boys had Krona on the run, till Morgaine decided to bollux things up. Too bad about the world coming to an end. If only Hal had one of those handy dandy Hope Lanterns around to charge his ring!

I also picked up The Mighty, which is by Peter Tomasi, Keith Champagne and Peter Snejbjerg. It's just starting out,but it is a nice premise, beautiful art, and darn it, I like it.

Did you all like YOUR books?

3 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peej's cat appears?!

I want this book! I want it NOW!

It seems like Amanda's going to be pencilling AND inking the book every month, according to the interview. AND she's doing a massive Supergirl page every week for Wednesday Comics! Does she sleep?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Peej's cat=yellow lantern y/y?

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

It wouldn't be a proper PG book without her cat :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home